• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If you are going to Fly the Flag(s) of Our Nation please read up on the Proper etiquette on how to fly the Flag and the Conditions that should be met for Respect of the Flag...

The rules are fairly simple...
    If it is Dark out there needs to be a LIGHT illuminating the Flag...
    If it is a Tattered Ol' Flag Your Ass better be getting shot at, if not then buy a New Flag...

F'ing DB's out there...
    AHHHHHHHHHH..... :xmad:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    That reminds me... gotta put the flag back out! Brought it inside of the storms the other day. No point in letting it get shredded. Good flags are getting harder to find.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'm pretty sure my complex won't allow me to fly my flag outside so it's hanging (the proper way) in my dining room. It flew in Iraq and it was sent especially to my son to thank him for his dad's service to his country. :patriot:

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    If you are going to Fly the Flag(s) of Our Nation please read up on the Proper etiquette on how to fly the Flag and the Conditions that should be met for Respect of the Flag...

The rules are fairly simple...
    If it is Dark out there needs to be a LIGHT illuminating the Flag...
    If it is a Tattered Ol' Flag Your Ass better be getting shot at, if not then buy a New Flag...

F'ing DB's out there...
    AHHHHHHHHHH..... :xmad:

I know and feel exactly what your saying man. Upsets me to

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I'm with you on this. I have left letters in my neighborhoods mail boxes about proper respect for the flag and requesting them to replace there tattered flag and also requesting they DISPOSE OF IT PROPERLY!!!!.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Flying the flag is something you do if you are proud of your country.

Little wonder so few people are interested in doing that lately.

Food for thought.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The last gun show I went to, some guy was selling the made in China flags as "Proudly Made in the USA". Don't see many flags flying around here lately.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While I understand the sentiment, and I too cringe at the breach of etiquette, it's not that high on my list of things to get upset over these days. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people who fly the flag incorrectly do so out of ignorance that there is a proper vs improper way. I'd rather have a patriotic, U.S.A.-loving American fly it improperly than not at all. If flags don't come with etiquette instructions, how are these people supposed to know?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm pretty sure my complex won't allow me to fly my flag outside so it's hanging (the proper way) in my dining room. It flew in Iraq and it was sent especially to my son to thank him for his dad's service to his country. :patriot:

Now THAT'S cool.
    th_amerflag.gif

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You'd be surprised how many businesses are willing to do something about it once its brought to their attention. It is sad however that many don't pay attention on their own. I occasionally send letters and emails regarding improperly displayed flags. Most of the time something does get done about it. I had a thread a while back about some of my experiences doing this. I'd have to hunt for it now.

Top Bottom