• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What brand has your favorite work boot? Include the style in your post.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I spent last Friday sloshing around in the mud and water puddles and I ruined the pair of boots I had been wearing to work.

I had a pair of Ariat Ramblers, they weren't intended to be work boots, but I loved them so much that I wore them all the time. I really liked the fact that I can just slip them on.

Here's a link...

Ariat Men's Rambler Cowboy Boots - Square Toe

So, after a year and a half of wearing the Ramblers I'm now in desperate need of a new pair of work boots.

Should I stick with the Ariats, or switch to a new brand? What's your favorites? Give me the brand name, and the style if you know it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    RedWing. I'll NEVER buy anything other than Redwing. I wear mine to hell and back. And this is no exaggeration. I've ran 2 miles in a pair of steel toe. I wear mine to the Badlands when I go 4-wheeling and Jeepin'. I've walked thru mud and water. I wear them everyday at work, and I work in a machine shop. The last pair I had lasted 5 years. The pair I have now 3 years and going strong.

I love them.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I spent last Friday sloshing around in the mud and water puddles and I ruined the pair of boots I had been wearing to work.

I had a pair of Ariat Ramblers, they weren't intended to be work boots, but I loved them so much that I wore them all the time. I really liked the fact that I can just slip them on.

Here's a link...

Ariat Men's Rambler Cowboy Boots - Square Toe

So, after a year and a half of wearing the Ramblers I'm now in desperate need of a new pair of work boots.

Should I stick with the Ariats, or switch to a new brand? What's your favorites? Give me the brand name, and the style if you know it.

Red Wings are the best there is if you need boots.

Any one who owns shoes or boots needs a PEET boot drier more than they need a second pair of foot wear.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I tried Red Wings once and hated them. I wore them around the house for two weeks to break them in and still hurt my feet. Been wearing wolverines since I was 11 or 12 because that's what dad wore. I don't know if another brand will ever stack up.

SundayShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Hancock County
    I wear Bates work boots with side zipper and composite safety toe. Way lighter than a steel toe and won't conduct electricity(or set off those evil metal detectors). Once you try side zippers, I am afraid that you will forever forsake lace up boots. As I get older, easier is my motto.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I have quite a few pairs of 'work' boots. Redwing and Wolverine are the traditional work boots, but I also have a couple pair of Converse and a pair of Timberland Pro that are hiking-type boots with a safety toe. Out of those I've worn the Redwings more than the others. I will say that Wolverine does make a good boot.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    i like thorogood boots. steel toe. very comfortable right out of the box. not a big popular name like the others i've seen on here, but dang good boots. i'm on my third pair. my previous two are still wearable and waterproof still even. my boots get abused really bad.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Yep. I've had Red Wings in the past, they seem to be popular so far in the poll.

I could still wear the Ariat boots I have, but it's gonna take some work to get rid of the awful stench. :):

Keep the good replies coming :ingo:

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    RedWing. I'll NEVER buy anything other than Redwing. I wear mine to hell and back. And this is no exaggeration. I've ran 2 miles in a pair of steel toe. I wear mine to the Badlands when I go 4-wheeling and Jeepin'. I've walked thru mud and water. I wear them everyday at work, and I work in a machine shop. The last pair I had lasted 5 years. The pair I have now 3 years and going strong.

I love them.

Odor-eaters :):

I also wear Red-Wings and they are awesome and durable boots. The more they are worn the better they are broken in. Great shoe, a little tight at first, atleast my size 14's are. They suck the first couple of weeks.

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    I bought a pair of Dickies many many years ago and hated how they fit. I have to wear steel toe for work and wear Work One which are American made.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I've had Timberland Pro, Doc Martens, and Worx by Red Wings. They all had metatarsal guards and the Worx have gone 8 months, but they started falling apart after 5 months. The other boots had to be replaced after 6 months.

Top Bottom