• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    WOW!!! Got my property tax statement and my new adjusted mortgage statement both today!!! My mortgage payment only went up $400 a month!!!!! Oh YIPPEE!!!! Just when I was trying to figure out what to do with all of the extra money I have lying in piles all over the house, the wonderful politicians have taken car of it for me!

I walked all around my house looking to see what I was getting for all of this extra money. Looked in the garage but nope, no extra bay. Looked out back but nope, no in ground pool or pole barn there either. Hmmm, I guess I just get to pay all this extra money for the privilege of living in Marion County with all of it's awesomeness!!!!!!!!

Where do I sign up for that "Obama's gonna pay my mortgage" plan? Obviously someone doesn't want me to be able to pay it anymore.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Compare them. Mine came within a week of each other but the mortgage escrow had estimated a rise when the property tax had actually lowered. I faxed them a copy and requested a new manual analysis. My payment was raised but went back down and was lowered the next month.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    $400 a month!

Thats friggin crazy!

My property taxes didn't change, not even a penny.

To add, my property tax is $1163.10, yearly.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oh no, mine haven't gone down. Mine went up from $959 a half to $1901 a half.

I'm getting exactly $0 in tax relief. $0.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Cory, I would be making some calls tomorrow.

That just doesn't seem right, your proberty tax nearly doubled.

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I had the same thing happen to me on taxes on a pc of rental property
    be sure to file a form 130 you have 45 days
    and good luck with the Gestapo

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I had a house in Austin, Texas in the mid 90's.
    80k price range and paid $2500+ in property taxes.
    I pay about 1K here for more house.

Of course I didn't pay State or City Income Tax in Texas.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    his sucks.. And its also part of what got us into this mess.. So many young people accepted these adjustable mortgages when money was free. ( and did so in the pretense of having faith in our system. That we would prevail.) Now most of these kids find themselves ****. A 100,000 mortgage for $800 a month as long as the interest rate holds. Now they want $1600 or $1800 a month to cover it... I don't know any other way to say it other than ****.( never accept anything other than a fixed rate) But then again look at the bail outs we have going on. ( and I know this sounds kinda left but) 7.7 trillion dollars subjugated between every man and women over the age of 18 equates to something like 485,000 dollars for every man woman over 18 in this country...WHAT COULD THAT DO TO BAIL OUT THE ECONOMY??? People could pay off their mortgages could set real things as to family savings so their kids to be comforted..Give it to us the American people at least let us get set for the onslaught to come...As the worth is a snowball we cant stop.. Wake UP!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    i thought people were going to wake up last year when they jacked taxes up it got a lot of media but not much action just the SOS
    you know what gets me
    do you know what started it all and sat us free !!!!
    .03$ tax on tea !!!!!!!

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Chefcook. We're not talking about Mortgages. We're talking about Property Taxes.
    Theres not much difference the two are interrelated... I in Johnson co get to homestead. The original text mentioned mortgage and taxes ...JC

advertiser.gif

reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif
    reputation_green.gif

Got my property tax bill!!!!!
    WOW!!! Got my property tax statement and my new adjusted mortgage statement both today!!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Why is it that a person who owns a home must still rent it off of the government?

Perhaps the house is occupying Land of the Crown..?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Aside from the fact that property taxes are inherently immoral and just ... wrong, I'm "curious" why the alleged value of the property is a factor. Do your kids get more attention in the public school if you pay more? Do the police respond faster when you alarm is activated? Does the fire department bring better water to fight fires at your house?

Property taxes are an egregious insult to property owners on a fundamental level. To make them a penalty for having a nicer or bigger home makes it a lot worse.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    My uncle just received his on Saturday and has to pay them by the middle of December. How do they expect someone to come up with almost $4k in 2 weeks? I think it's a bunch of bs and should be a flat rate across the board (we shouldn't have it at all really).

Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My taxes quadrupled. The tax relief and caps (1 % as opposed to 4% of value) are supposed to go into effect in 2010 and would put it back to about where it was but that is if the Democrats allow it to happen. I am not hopeful.

Perhaps the house is occupying Land of the Crown..?

I like that Josh and will use it, thanks.

Top Bottom