• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I asked HK to start this new one and I closed the old one. When threads get too big they can start slowing down the site :ingo:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Yeah, that sure wouldn't be any fun. :noway:

I've been up all night after sleeping for 12 hours getting some stuff ready for today. :):

I don't even know what time I went to bed other then it was close to 11....and I'm up already and have to leave in a few so I can get lunch and breakfast before I get to the store :rolleyes: I hope I'm close on hours so I can leave an hour early

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I don't even know what time I went to bed other then it was close to 11....and I'm up already and have to leave in a few so I can get lunch and breakfast before I get to the store :rolleyes: I hope I'm close on hours so I can leave an hour early

Plus it sucks to have to work on a Saturday!! :(

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Plus it sucks to have to work on a Saturday!! :(

Well that's just retail. At my old store, I didn't work Saturday's. They were reserved for my son. Until my old boss told me that I had to give them open availability OR not be a manager anymore. Problem is if you're not a manager, you're hours can be cut...that makes it pretty hard to pay the bills and I've seen someone's hours get cut, trying to make them leave, to the point that this person went and got unemployment for being underemployed. :noway: It's expected that we have pretty much open availability. My boss talked to a manager candidate yesterday who's a minister, not available on Sundays. Guess who's not gonna get a job :dunno: JUST based on that fact alone.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

Ugh that sucks! I'm sorry for ya on that one! Its hard to imagine a job making you work that kind of schedule. Although I know it is kinda common nowadays. :n00b:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Ugh that sucks! I'm sorry for ya on that one! Its hard to imagine a job making you work that kind of schedule. Although I know it is kinda common nowadays. :n00b:

I'm just glad this store doesn't do overnight trucks. My old store runs their truck overnight every week :noway:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well that's just retail. At my old store, I didn't work Saturday's. They were reserved for my son. Until my old boss told me that I had to give them open availability OR not be a manager anymore. Problem is if you're not a manager, you're hours can be cut...that makes it pretty hard to pay the bills and I've seen someone's hours get cut, trying to make them leave, to the point that this person went and got unemployment for being underemployed. :noway: It's expected that we have pretty much open availability. My boss talked to a manager candidate yesterday who's a minister, not available on Sundays. Guess who's not gonna get a job :dunno: JUST based on that fact alone.

Wow!! that sucks!! I wish you the best, and hope the day flys by for ya!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom