NE Indy

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Quote from article: "...the youths are influenced by video games that make sport of "bum fights" and videos that occasionally circulate showing homeless people being assaulted. Many of the killings are planned."

But remember, video games have no influence on our youths.

This both breaks my heart and infuriates me at the same time.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    One of the comments on their page really sums up my feelings on this topic. My wife and I had seen him a couple times downtown.

NonAligned

3:18 AM on May 6, 2011

I used to see this guy walking around at night when I worked downtown. He would often say or shout things out loud...sometimes to other people, sometimes to no one in particular. It was clear he had mental problems and other than occasionally saying things out loud, I never say him threaten or even approach anybody.

When I first read the article about the murder, I honestly thought he had said something to the wrong person, probably another homeless person, and they just attacked him. To find out it was a cowardly, random act by a bunch of cockroach kids/young adults just makes me sick to my stomach.

It says he was in the Marine Corps, and based on his age, he probably served in Vietnam. Many of the homeless men you see walking around homeless served in the US military. Thousands, probably 10's of thousands, went into combat and came out a hollow, empty shell of their former selves. This gentleman served his country and this was the thanks he received.

I, for one, am a firm advocate of the death penalty. I'm sure none of these worthless punks will get that, but I hope they all spend a long, long time in prison...and come out a hollow, empty shell of their former selves.
    This kind of thing makes me feel like :puke:

Karl Fairburne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Loveland
    I sure am glad I was born in 1956. Things were so simpler. By the time we finally got a TV, daytime television was a joke. Mostly soap operas. And, nobody had color tv's. So we played outside all day. Mom was always home and we had breakfast, lunch, and supper. After supper we went back outside until dark and then we took a bath and watched The Dick Van Dyke show. Come to think of it, I would HATE to be a kid today.

Top Bottom