• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'd be interested in reading about the difference between "Spirit" and "Curiosity" in dealing with "Sand Traps" like the one that doomed "Spirit" if anyone comes across an article like that.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I look forward to the day a human is able to go to Mars and recover these robots.

One of my friends knows one of the project managers of these robots and this is a statement the project manager made on Facebook.

Absolutely NOTHING sad about this. The rover lasted 29 times longer than originally expected, and traveled nearly 13 times further than we thought she would. Every extra sol of operations was a bonus of science return that we never really expected. We are not having a funeral - we will be having a full blown Irish Wake celebration of the successes of this wonderful machine and the enormous science return she provided. The greatest message provided by Spirit is the inspiration to continue exploration of Mars, and to seek out the unknown.

20101102pia04413th265x2.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Opinions?

Bring them home...

or

Leave them as future monuments...

The anthropomorphism crowds online are obviously for rescue missions. I think it'd be cool to eventually utilize them as monuments if humanity ever expands to other planets.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Opinions?

Bring them home...

or

Leave them as future monuments...

The anthropomorphism crowds online are obviously for rescue missions. I think it'd be cool to eventually utilize them as monuments if humanity ever expands to other planets.

I think a lot could be learn from studying how the vehicle has held up to the environment. I would make a trip to see it. I am a geek, so...

Top Bottom