Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shooter

Inside the Ghost Ships of the Mothball Fleet

Here's a photoblog of the reserve ready fleet, (all of which are heading for the scrapyard in time). This guy and his buddies sneaked past the security and spent a bit of time on the ships and took all the photos they wanted. They even made it onboard the USS Iowa. Take a look at a slice of history before it's gone.

Inside the Ghost Ships of the Mothball Fleet | Beyond the Photos

I have always been interested in going into places like that but do not think I would ever of thought to spend nights on a ship in the fleet like that!

Chernobyl and Centralia PA are on my list to go see.
    Pass me the Maker's Mark and I am good. Ambassador: 522469

crazy, I used to live right there in Benicia on Suisun bay. I used to see those ships everyday and I always wanted to explore them, but the opportunity never presented itself. glad to see someone had the gumption to go out and explore them.
    " you're my best friend, but if zombies start chasing us, I'm tripping you."

Those are pretty cool pics. It's a shame that the salvaged steel is probably being shipped to China.

That is awesome! Risky, but Awesome.
    Regards,

Jim
    USPSA 70764

"Shoot Safely, Shoot often, and Share your sport!" - Jim Scouten

Chernobyl and Centralia PA are on my list to go see.
    Plenty of ghost towns right here in Indiana. Hindostan was just featured in a Chamber of Commerce publication.

My old landlord used to have the original platt of the town of Tippecanoe in his office. A ghost town that never was.
    The pattern exposes motive

On google maps it looks like a little boat is east of the third group from the south. Wonder if it's security or tresspassers

I really enjoyed reading their story until I made it to the comments and it turned into a big political bashfest.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by spainy79 View Post
    I really enjoyed reading their story until I made it to the comments and it turned into a big political bashfest.
    That's what happens in comments sections all over. Are you new to the internet? I didn't even bother with the comments. That wasn't what I went to read.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    That's what happens in comments sections all over. Are you new to the internet? I didn't even bother with the comments. That wasn't what I went to read.
    Did you ever start something that you thought would be ok then it crashed and burned in front of you? The first few comments were ok but it went down hill after that. Kind of reminds me of the comments on some youtube videos. The video has nothing to do with politics but the comment section is full of them. It's sad really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast