• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just wanted to vent about a IMPD cop who backed out in front of my wife today and made her slam on the brakes to avoid an accident. then he thought it was funny while talking on his phone. :xmad: she had the presence of mind to get his car number and license plate number. we will be filing a formal complaint. LEARN TO DRIVE JACKASS! & get an ear bud! I hope its no one on here! This happened on the edge of Beech Grove.
    backing out of a residence with a clear line of sight unless your talking on a damn phone while you drive!

car color grey. she got a picture too.

if any local LEO's wanna know the car number and plate number I have it, PM me. i dont see a point posting it here.

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    :noway: to the cop who needs to learn how to drive

AND

:yesway: to your wife for having the presence of mind to get all of that info and take a pic!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    :noway: to the cop who needs to learn how to drive

AND

:yesway: to your wife for having the presence of mind to get all of that info and take a pic!

thanks! I have tought her well, and she is no dummy especially when it comes to dealing with cops. she worked around enough of them before to know the game. the part that really ticks me off is he thought it was funny and laughed while he was talking on the phone too. how the heck do you properly back out into traffic while talking on your phone?? it was a residence he was backing out of on the edge of beech grove.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    thanks! I have tought her well, and she is no dummy especially when it comes to dealing with cops. she worked around enough of them before to know the game. the part that really ticks me off is he thought it was funny and laughed while he was talking on the phone too. how the heck do you properly back out into traffic while talking on your phone?? it was a residence he was backing out of on the edge of beech grove.

Yeah, I can see if he wasn't on his phone or laughing it wouldn't have been so big of a deal. I'm sure if he would have stopped and apologized instead of laughing, your wife may have not even been inclined to file a complaint.

For every action, there is a reaction.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yeah, I can see if he wasn't on his phone or laughing it wouldn't have been so big of a deal. I'm sure if he would have stopped and apologized instead of laughing, your wife may have not even been inclined to file a complaint.

For every action, there is a reaction.
    yeah, if he wasnt on the phone or laughing then no she wouldnt. but with those 2 things. its a given in my opinion. if nothing else it will be in his file in case he kills anyone down the road.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In my experience, cops go where they want, when they want, and its your responsibility to avoid them.
    Always watch out for police cars.
    Always expect them to pull out, run the red light, cross the center line, or otherwise invade your space.
    Always give them plenty of room.
    Never expect a police car to use turn signals. If they do, fine; just don't expect it.
    Never stay in proximity of a police car. Back off, turn a corner, pull into a parking lot, anything. Just stay away from them and avoid drawing attention to yourself as you do so.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Never stay in proximity of a police car. Back off, turn a corner, pull into a parking lot, anything. Just stay away from them and avoid drawing attention to yourself as you do so.

Pulling into a parking lot as soon as a cop gets behind you is a pretty good way of drawing attention to yourself. Especially if you were in the left lane and make that hard right once they pull out. Doing that is actually improper lane usage and it's going to make the cop wonder "Why doesn't he want to be buy me". Most cops would be willing to wager that most people that try to avoid them are criminals.....

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    good thing I wasnt driving, Im getting slower with all my arthritis and back problems and im SURE wouldnt have been able to stop in time. thats why I carry full coverage insurance. Im sure at those speeds id get whiplash too. someone wouldn't have had a smile after that :noway:

I call my F-250 the can opener:D:laugh:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Pulling into a parking lot as soon as a cop gets behind you is a pretty good way of drawing attention to yourself. Especially if you were in the left lane and make that hard right once they pull out. Doing that is actually improper lane usage and it's going to make the cop wonder "Why doesn't he want to be buy me". Most cops would be willing to wager that most people that try to avoid them are criminals.....

Buy?!
    As in a Bribe?!
    Freudian Slip I suppose you'll claim... ;) :)::)::)::):

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Buy?!
    As in a Bribe?!
    Freudian Slip I suppose you'll claim... ;) :)::)::)::):

:laugh:

good thing I wasnt driving, Im getting slower with all my arthritis and back problems and im SURE wouldnt have been able to stop in time. thats why I carry full coverage insurance. Im sure at those speeds id get whiplash too. someone wouldn't have had a smile after that :noway:

So are you telling all of the interwebz that you are a danger to yourself and others on the road or that you would intentionally ram the cop? ;)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    :laugh:

So are you telling all of the interwebz that you are a danger to yourself and others on the road or that you would intentionally ram the cop? ;)

im less of a threat than some old person :):
    if a person was unable to stop it would have been the cops fault anyways.

hell' a teenager could have accidently hit the gas and killed themselves or the cop. i hate ALL people who talk on or play with their phones and drive.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    im less of a threat than some old person :):
    if a person was unable to stop it would have been the cops fault anyways.

Age ain't nothin but a number, it's all about how you feel. :D

But, yeah... it would have been the cops fault. If he was exiting a residential driveway onto a thoroughfare, he had the responsibility to yield.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In my experience, cops go where they want, when they want, and its your responsibility to avoid them.
    Always watch out for police cars.
    Always expect them to pull out, run the red light, cross the center line, or otherwise invade your space.
    Always give them plenty of room.
    Never expect a police car to use turn signals. If they do, fine; just don't expect it.

I'd say that's pretty good advice that applies to about 70% of any of the drivers on the road.

Top Bottom