• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I just listened to a news report about the press conference that the parents of the missing woman in Bloomington put on. The father was urging parents to use the holiday to help their children find their moral compasses and to come forward with information. A few weeks ago, the mother had been upset because only one friend had come forward with information.

Are there multiple people not cooperating? I know they've said the boyfriend is supposedly not helping much and most of the friends who saw her last have lawyered up. I personally don't blame any of them for getting an attorney.

Just a sad situation all around.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have not followed this story very close, but what few things I have heard about this, always leaves me thinking there is something odd with all of people close to her. I can't put my finger on what it is, but when I saw mom and dad on the news a few weeks back, something just didn't seem right about the way they presented themselves. Either way, I hope this doesn't turn out the way I think it will.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    From what I understand, everyone has cooperated just fine, just not with the MEDIA. Therefore, the MEDIA is unhappy with them because they don't get their stories and soundbites that sell their rags.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have followed this some, and something does seem off to me. Very odd that there haven't been more leads of substance. I hate to say it but this case will not have a positive outcome. She was on heart medicine and she hasn't had it since she went missing.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    She was on heart medicine and she hasn't had it since she went missing.

According to some (rumor) she was consuming a powder like substance off a mirror earlier in the evening or later in the morning. Since this is not currently legal in Indiana i wonder why certian friends are not talking.

Add a heart condition to the above rumor and maybe we have Glen Bias (Sp) kind of situation.

Kinda weird about the guy getting in a fight with the boyfriend also.

I wish them the best in finding out what happpened.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Were I a close friend I might be very careful about stepping forward, too. This looks to be a real mess if/when they find that poor girl.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There might be another reason that the friends have lawyered up, they took Lauren to a bar, and some of them, if not all were not yet allowed to have the stuff served at a bar according to state standards.

Any of them stating that they bought Lauren a drink has just admitted to committing a crime.

Purdue University just put a program into effect protecting students who although they had consumed those horrible beverages, will not be held accountable (amnesty?) if they have to call medical personnel to help a drunk but not yet old enough friend.

I wonder if Lauren had too much to drink, and her friends don't want to be jailed for not calling for help.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    If my son was a person of interest in a case like this, he would have a lawyer. Maybe all of her friends have already told everything they know.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It's a horrible story and it does make me worry about my daughters in about 16+ years. It definitely makes me want to do everything I can to help them make the right decisions.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just listened to a news report about the press conference that the parents of the missing woman in Bloomington put on. The father was urging parents to use the holiday to help their children find their moral compasses and to come forward with information. A few weeks ago, the mother had been upset because only one friend had come forward with information.

Are there multiple people not cooperating? I know they've said the boyfriend is supposedly not helping much and most of the friends who saw her last have lawyered up. I personally don't blame any of them for getting an attorney.

Just a sad situation all around.

What do you need a lawyer for???? Unless your hiding something!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have not followed this story very close, but what few things I have heard about this, always leaves me thinking there is something odd with all of people close to her. I can't put my finger on what it is, but when I saw mom and dad on the news a few weeks back, something just didn't seem right about the way they presented themselves. Either way, I hope this doesn't turn out the way I think it will.

What does this mean? You think there's something up with the parents????
    What do you mean, how they presented themselves???

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Were I a close friend I might be very careful about stepping forward, too. This looks to be a real mess if/when they find that poor girl.

Are you kidding me????????????????????
    "CLOSE FRIEND"? Any kind of "FRIEND" would tell the whole truth, no matter what kind of trouble he would get in!
    Are you really saying that you would not tell me what happened to my daughter ( your "CLOSE FRIEND") if she was dead or missing????????
    Would you really be so concerned with getting charged with giving alcohol to a minor, or cocain or what the f**k ever, that you would let those parents go through the HELL they've been through for the last couple weeks?
    I hope to GOD that my daughters never have so called "FRIENDS" like that!!!!!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Really? Cause no one has ever been wrongfully accused, arrested or imprisoned...oh wait...

If any police officer begins questioning me as a person of interest in any situation, I'm getting a lawyer.

If my friend is missing and I have any information that may be able to help find her.... I don't give a Damn what trouble I may get in, I'm helping all I can, not worrying about a lawyer, or my fifth amendment right!!!!!!

And, you??????

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I had heard a radio report today, and it said something about the dad receiving a voicemail from her saying, she loved him and mom. Don't know if it was a "before hand" message or a recent one. Just sounded strange to me. Kinda like the guy who was never found a few months ago down there (although they did charge a guy with murder for that)

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    If my friend is missing and I have any information that may be able to help find her.... I don't give a Damn what trouble I may get in, I'm helping all I can, not worrying about a lawyer, or my fifth amendment right!!!!!!

And, you??????

I won't just give my rights away. Who knows what all the facts are, I'm not one to jump to conclusions.

Why are you assigning guilt just because someone requested their legal right to have an attorney present for questioning? No one here knows all the facts so there may be other reasons for attorneys being present...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I won't just give my rights away. Who knows what all the facts are, I'm not one to jump to conclusions.

Why are you assigning guilt just because someone requested their legal right to have an attorney present for questioning? No one here knows all the facts so there may be other reasons for attorneys being present...

Assigning guilt????? I'm not!
    I'm just saying.... Let's tell everything we know.... Let's find her first.... Then, later..... If I did something stupid, or even illegal,...... We'll deal with that later! What's more important.... Finding the little girl, or keeping yourself out of trouble?????

Top Bottom