• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Does any one know where I can find wire, 1" mesh in Indy. I need to build a dog crate for the car. Crates that sell in animal supplies stores either do not fit in my car or if they do, my dog cannot fit in them.

I have checked the hardware stores with no success.

Thanks. :)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Tractor Supply Co. does not have it. I'll check the other suggestions. Thanks. :)

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Tractor Supply in Westfield does. At least it did when my wife got a rabbit.

317-867-3505

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I would be hesitant to use hardware cloth. The wire gauge is pretty small, and in the case of a dog that might get a little "rambunctious" in the car, I think there is the possibility of abrasions or some other injury to the animal due to the small gauge wire and/or sharp edges. :twocents:

You can get steel grid-type panels (sheets) that are made with steel round stock (heavy gauge) in varying sizes. I would recommend maybe a 2"x2" grid pattern. I've dealt locally with "The Steel House" for metal fabricating needs, they will have just about anything in metal stock you could want.

I have the tools and would be happy to assist in procuring stock and/or helping fabricate/install the cage if you need any assistance. :)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. I need a thick gauge, 1" mesh so the dog can't bite the crate. I'll check The Steel House.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I saw the title and thought, "I wish I'd have seen this sooner, I just threw a bunch away" then I saw the date...

Top Bottom