• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I usually just drink beer but have a taste for the finer hard liquors that are out there...Crown Royal, Southern Comfort are my favorites so far....I just got some kentucky whiskey (Old Crow), gonna try some Malibu Black Rum and others...I don't like the taste of alcohol very much (go figure) but like the taste of the above variety...

Give me some suggestions on what goes down smooth for you and stuff you don't have to mix (I think it is a waste of the alcohol to mix with orange juice and coke).
    Another question is should I put everything in the fridge??? Southern comfort is awesome chilled and so is crown royale...

Let me know what you think...and no vodka, I like russian guns but not there drink of choice...:rockwoot:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Maker's Mark. Of all the different brands I've tried, Maker's Mark is at the top of my list. If you ever get a chance to stop by the distillery in Loretto, KY you'll find that there are some top notch people there as well. The facility is beautiful and you can take a complete tour.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    If ya like Crown Royal try Canadian Hunter-tastes the same for a lil more than half price!Usually have to go to a chain,usually hard to find at the "mom & pops" stores!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm a connoisseur of fine rum so I will have to blast you for putting malibu and fine in the same sentence, but I can tell you a couple very fine rums that are as smooth as the day is long.

pyrat xo reserve $35- extremely tasty and smooth it's mixes exceptionally well also
    zaya $70- the creme de la creme of fine rums under $100
    zacapa 23 $40- again extremely smooth and drinakable
    mount gay extra old $40- haven't drank it in awhile but another top level rum

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The Kraken spiced rum. Absolutely fantastic and has fine charcoally flavor from being aged in pitched barrels like Bourbon.

The MacAllan 10 year aged single malt Scotch Whiskey. I'm not a very big whiskey fan and this stuff is undeniable extraordinary. This is a fine sipping drink, to mix it would utterly ruin it's distinctive flavors and aroma.

Sauza Hornitos Reposado. I am a HUGE tequila fan, and this one is AMAZING at it's price point. No margaritas on this one, drink it straight over a little ice.

Patron Anejo. Another outstanding sipping tequila. Aged for 12 months, it's a little pricy, but well worth it. It's a "break it out for a celebratory drink" kind of liquor. If you're not a tequila fan, this will make you one, I promise.

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Crown Royal special reserve.
    Makers Mark
    40 Creek it's got an awesome Caramel taste and good price usually buy it at Kroger
    Jameson is good
    Segrams 7 is also one of my favorites

Also plus one for the tequila mentioned above.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I'm a connoisseur of fine rum so I will have to blast you for putting malibu and fine in the same sentence, but I can tell you a couple very fine rums that are as smooth as the day is long.

pyrat xo reserve $35- extremely tasty and smooth it's mixes exceptionally well also
    zaya $70- the creme de la creme of fine rums under $100
    zacapa 23 $40- again extremely smooth and drinakable
    mount gay extra old $40- haven't drank it in awhile but another top level rum

Going to second Tyler's suggestions especially that last one. Haven't tried the others; yet!

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    if you have the money....... Crown Royal XR or Cask 16 is the way to go....... and drinking any whiskey chilled should be a crime..... maybe and I mean MAYBE with 1 cube...... or if your a crown and coke kinda guy its okay..... but I don't see why someone would want to ruin a fine whiskey with coke or any other kind of "mixer".......

Top Bottom