• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My ten-year old Sony Trinitron tv finally gave up the ghost. BTW, it cost me $90.00 to have the local tv repairman come to the house and pronounce death:rolleyes: My old Lazy Boy is ready for the scrap heap, too. If I can wait until the 9th of next month, my garbage company (Sweetlands, a great one by the way) will haul off these two items for $17.00. My wife says that if I put them at the end of the driveway, someone will haul them off for free. I suppose that she thinks that someone might have a use for these two items. They are both very heavy and I don't have any help moving them. In other words, if I don't think that they will be picked-up by someone, I'd rather wait until the 9th for a sure thing. My wife would like the chair out of the living room, however. What say you seasoned Hoosiers? Is there a good chance that someone will haul the tv and chair off?

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I would say there is a very good chance. I set everything out for the trash the night before and usually things are gone by the next day.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I don't know what it's like where you live, but if somebody put a TV out at the end of the drive around here, it'd be gone in no time..

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Can't hurt, give it a try what do you have to lose, and tell the wife that she was right so out they go. Then go out and buy yourself a new gun to make yourself feel better. :)

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Take the TV and chair to the curb... they'll be gone before you make it back into the house.

One person's trash really is another person's treasure. Sick, but true.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    hell, take the TV out somewhere and shoot it!!!!!! there really is something fun about the explosion you get from a TV tube! :)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I took the recliner out to the curb a couple of days before Christmas. A neighbor lady called that evening and wanted to know if it was broken and basically to not shoot her husband if I saw him on my driveway. They took it that evening. The TV goes out today!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I put the tv (really heavy) out. Someone obviously tried to load it up the next morning and take it away. They were unsuccessful. Later that day, they came back with help and hauled the tv away. Well I called our garbage service and told them to cancel the pickup for the lounge chair and tv. Putting those two items out at the end of the driveway saved me seventeen bucks. Not a fortune, but every little bit helps! Thanks for the encouragement from you folks.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i took 2 tower speakers from some one that threw them away, and i gave them a skunk that don shot... it stunk alittle :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's fun when someone at least attempts to re-use something!

I've put 3-4 items out next to the community dumpsters at my apartment complex, each with a sign saying "free", all but one thing was taken. Vacuum cleaners, computer desk, broken suitcases, etc etc.

-J-

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I have an old fridge that crapped out... Rays' trash Co. won't get it - they say they are not allowed due to freon. The problem with a fridge... too big for curb looters...

Top Bottom