Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: "Whenever I'm in _____, I have to eat at _____"

User Info Menu

Cody is definitely worth a stop, especially for the National Firearms Museum. It is an interesting town without the museum. If the Cody steak house is the place I'm thinking of, it was closed the day we were planning on going to it and it was our last night in Cody. Whenever we go back we'll have to give it a try.

Master

User Info Menu

Another good haunt in Kokomo is: Julianno's. Corner of Markland Ave and Dixon Road. They make their own everything. No GFS crap. Neil even does his own barbecue and Chicago style dogs. My wife loves his potato salad but it goes quick.
    Local tribal warlord

I am Asher's son.

Body of a 56 yr old. Skeleton of a 90 yr old

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    When I'm in Kokomo, it's Gabe's Pizza.

In Chicago - Giordano's.
    Gabeís stromboli with extra cheese & extra sauce... Amazing.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wagyu52 View Post
    Well that sucks! To be in a one of a kind place like the lodge a old faithful and have a sucky meal is well... sucks. Not our experience but we just did breakfast.
    Highly recommend a cooler packed with all kinds of stuff when going to Yellowstone (anywhere for that matter) even if your staying in hotels. It is so massive lunch could be 40-60 miles away think the speed limit in park is like 35 plus itís very expensive, bologna just tastes better there anyhow.
    A. The westís trendy grass fed beef just canít compete with our corn fed.
    B. Everything tastes better in the woods.

back on topic; The Sheridan Hotel in Telluride.
    Not a statist.

User Info Menu

This thread should have been split with one thread for Indiana and another for other states or regions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy1976 View Post
    Giordano's in Chicago is great. The one in Orlando was such a disappointment.

We also hit the one in Orlando (just outside of Disney Springs) on S. Apopka Vineland Rd and it was terrible. It is actually a running joke in our family when ever we drive by there someone usually remarks about the ****** pizza.

Never had the one in Chicago, we always hit Ginos East on Superior St.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ditcherman View Post
    A. The westís trendy grass fed beef just canít compete with our corn fed.
    B. Everything tastes better in the woods.

back on topic; The Sheridan Hotel in Telluride.
    Whoever came up with the idea to charge people a premium for lesser quality beef is a marketing genius, not particularly scrupulous, but a marketing genius.

User Info Menu

Lots of western cattle are feed barley and/or wheat and can definitely be a different flavor. I feed cattle and have done a lot of research into grass fed, my conclusion is itís not as simple as just feeding grass. Takes the right breeding to produce the quality beef needed to complete with corn fed, just like we have spent generations selecting just the right breeding to produce the flavor and quality weíve come to expect from corn fed. As a producer Iím not willing to put the time, effort and cash into finding that just right grass fed breeding stock. Iíll stick with what I know, corn fed.

But I digress, sorry for the Just my
    Tetelestai.

User Info Menu

Bed
    The Y

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    Bed
    The Y
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast