• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Last box of parts I needed to complete one of my builds was supposed to arrive today, yet when I go out to get the mail nothing. Log into the USPS website to track it and what do I see but:

* Missent, September 16, 2011, 6:26 am
    * Processed through Sort Facility, September 15, 2011, 9:20 pm, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241

How do you missent a package?! Ive had much mail lost before, but thats a new one. Now I have to go another day! I don't know how I will ever survive /rant off

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Missent? At least it wasn't a youth. Badumpbump. Thanks, I'll be here all week! It's probably their new euphemism for lost so they don't have to say lost anymore.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've been waiting on slings from the appleseed store for a week. The tracking info just says they've been notified that a package is ready to ship. Hasn't been updated since last week. When they go belly up and shut service down to 3 days/week, who is going to really notice a dramatic drop in service?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I had a coworker once that sent a letter to a friend a few blocks away. After not seeing it for months, it was finally delivered, stamped "Misdirected to Germany". I don't know what surprised him more; that the USPS actually sent a piece of local mail to Germany, or that they had a stamp for it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've been waiting on slings from the appleseed store for a week. The tracking info just says they've been notified that a package is ready to ship. Hasn't been updated since last week. When they go belly up and shut service down to 3 days/week, who is going to really notice a dramatic drop in service?

And it probably won't be. "Tracking" on USPS is a joke. But once it's delivered, go back and check. You'll probably find all the different check points duly listed.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I had a coworker once that sent a letter to a friend a few blocks away. After not seeing it for months, it was finally delivered, stamped "Misdirected to Germany". I don't know what surprised him more; that the USPS actually sent a piece of local mail to Germany, or that they had a stamp for it.

I think I found the stamp I need for everything that crosses my desk from now on...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    if they haven't taken it to the post office yet or had it picked up, that's what it will say. They did an online label which notifies the email address listed whether they have seen the mail or not.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    if they haven't taken it to the post office yet or had it picked up, that's what it will say. They did an online label which notifies the email address listed whether they have seen the mail or not.

I know, but there are plenty of times that I get what I ordered before there is any tracking info provided. It just ticks me off. Why do they even bother when it is so inconsistent? I'm sitting wondering if it's shipped or not and can't rely on any of the tracking info based on my prior experience. A private business that does that would pay an economic price and go out of business eventually instead of asking for more money (unless they're too big to fail).

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    And it probably won't be. "Tracking" on USPS is a joke. But once it's delivered, go back and check. You'll probably find all the different check points duly listed.

Thats a Fact! They never update the stupid thing, I never even check it anymore, so that way im not disapointed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

I've had this happen with UPS actually ... I'd reccomend getting in touch with the vendor and asking them about the tyracking number. When it happened to me i dont believe the tracking number the package was actually sent with, was the same as the one in the email. So its possible they made a new lable and didnt inform you.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I had a thread on here for a while... Friend sent me two batons and some CS spray from South Carolina back in August. NEver arrived. I think someone swiped it.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I haven't used the USPS *willingly* in at least five years. I've seen so much stuff go missing at my job (I work at a lawfirm), I've received bday cards with checks that have been sliced open (and sometimes the check is even missing!) and nowadays I avoid ordering anything online from places I know ship USPS.

Top Bottom