Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

FLV to MPEG-2 conversion help!

Need some help converting a video file from FLV to MPEG-2 formats to make SVCD movies. I have some older Adobe Software but no idea how to use the video software. Anyone know how to do this??

User Info Menu

Download VLC - Video Lan Player. Their website seems to be down right now. Hmm... Looks like you can download from here.

This is a fine media player for Windows and Linux. Under File -> Wizard... you can take a file and stream it to the network or transcode it (this is what it is called when you recompress to another codec.) It has MPEG-2 as an option.

See if that works for you.
    Appleseed Rifleman - 228 - I know what I am about.

User Info Menu

You have a copy you could email me? Maybe upload to a file storage/sharing site?

Btw, looking for free software to do this with as I haven't budgeted money for computer software...

User Info Menu

Ok, Ok, I give up. I've installed 9 Free video converters and 10 more I thought were free but said I had to purchase subscriptions or what not. The free ones SUCK as the video is either crappy or is glitchy. I could use some help converting this to MPEG-2. If someone could convert the file and send it to me I'll do the rest.

User Info Menu

VLC is free. The second link in my post allows you to download it.
    Appleseed Rifleman - 228 - I know what I am about.

User Info Menu

Downloading now. i hope it doesn't diminish the quality as the others I've tried have.

User Info Menu

Looks like it worked fine. I'm gonna burn a copy, if I converted it right, and try it out on a DVD player, then the computer.

User Info Menu

Why SVCD?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Originally Posted by badwolf.usmc http://ingunowners.com/forums/images...s/viewpost.gif
    Be a man and stand up for what you believe, if not then sit down and STFU.

User Info Menu

Because most DVD players made today will play SVCD's and MPEG format because not everyone will take the time to download a new media player to play the FLV format.

And now I find I can't burn SVCD as my Nero is not full version. Kinda crappy. Guess I gotta dig into my bag of tricks again.

User Info Menu

For whatever reason it won't encode the file to SVCD format. I've tried every option with the converter software you shown me and it's converting it to a playable mpg file, but it's not SVCD recording for some reason. It's saying the video and audio streams are not compatible with the SVCD format but it's supposedly recording it to MPEG-2.

Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast