• rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Tonight, Thursday 9/22/2011 on CNN.

Anderson Cooper 360: "UnGodly Discipline" Investigation

The story that piqued my interest was the Fairhaven Baptist Church in Chesterton Indiana. It seems that institutionalized child abuse has been going on there for decades.

Here's one story taken directly from one of the victims.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=287577837924169
    Lights had been out for about 30 minutes when the gym doors came crashing open and garbage cans went flying like an opening scene from Full Metal Jacket... And Carl Bain in all his glory yelled for us to square the deck away...now most of these kids weren't raised in military families and had no clue they just stood there...Finally he got it across that he wanted them to clear out an area in the middle of the floor and form a circle. They then began to berate everyone in the gym, saying "You guys don't take this serious, 'You wanna play games?' fine we are going to play some games!" They called Darcel, Caleb, and Tommy into the center of the circle and sat them down in chairs next to a fan and fed them steak fajitas and sandwiches, made sure they were nice and comfortable. Then began to make us do PT jumping jacks, sit-ups pushups, bends and thrusts(ask someone who has been in the military, what bends and thrusts are) then leg lifts while Steve Damron ran around the room stepping on each persons stomach saying that if they were doing it right they wouldn't be able to feel him...All the while we were told that we were being punished because of the 3 in the middle...this went on for about an hour and a half with no stop. Finally we are told to stand up...and they pulled Darcel into the middle and told us what he had done...or what they thought he had done...And they began to force him to drink liquid...It started out with bottles of arizona tea and then 2 liters of coke and gallons of water...I literally watched his stomach swell up from the liquid he was trying to ingest...and as if this wasn't enough...Jeff Voegtlin...and I'm quoting him and dare him to dispute it...said "Only a “N*****” would do something like what you did butch..." ( Darcel is an African American by the way) then they forced him to drink more water until he literally exploded vomited and urinated all over himself and what not every where... Then they made him clean it up and we went back to doing more PT while they sat him back down with his compadres..

More stories:
    http://www.ktracy.com/2011/fairhaven-baptists-under-scrutiny-by-cnn-for-child-abuse

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I can't comment on this article without being banned (and I am a pastor). I will just say that I am VERY familiar with both Fairhaven and Hepzibah House. It gets my blood boiling just thinking about them.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I can't comment on this article without being banned (and I am a pastor). I will just say that I am VERY familiar with both Fairhaven and Hepzibah House. It gets my blood boiling just thinking about them.
    I'd like to hear more. I have been hearing rumors about this place for years. I'm sorry (but unsurprised) to see that they are turning out to be true.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I frequently say "No Victim, No Crime."

There is certainly a victim when it comes to child abuse. The pastor and some of his staff should be in prison if these allegations are true.

That's a proper use of government.

Actually, let me repost this. :):
    Rambone claims he's not an anarchist

I wasn't trying to pick a fight, I was curious as to whether you were willing to suggest any form of government involvement was appropriate. I agree with you, if the allegations are true, the staff should go to prison for their crimes.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I just watched the video in the link and I am totally disgusted! why is that guy not being force fed tube steak in prison on a nightly basis?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    This sickens my deepest core. Clearly these are very disturbed people preying on folks adoration with a Christ-like institution. I see this no different then a low life con.

For those ready to crucify the Baptist Community I feel obligated to inform you from the pit of my every being that this isn't anything close to fundamental in the Baptist Doctrine, nor is it endorsed by Scripture.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think that they are exempt from child abuse laws.

Well that one is just too easy man, for fear of getting banned Ill leave that one alone.

But to really answer what you meant. No they are "technically" not exempt from child abuse laws. In the link provided originally it says that they do not have to get a license or meet the same requirements that other child care businesses would. They also said that many of the state departments do not have the leeway to investigate like they would under normal circumstances. Therefore making it more difficult to build a case.

Top Bottom