Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

MOSCOW -- For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media.
    More at As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S. - WSJ.com

User Info Menu

I've seen that article before. Sounds more like wishful thinking on his part than anything else.
    David L. Burkhead If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up.

User Info Menu

Wishful thinking from a failed state. If I remember, he predicts that the US will break up into separate factions, north, south, east, etc. as if that hadn't happened already once. This is nothing new from these types.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    Wishful thinking from a failed state. If I remember, he predicts that the US will break up into separate factions, north, south, east, etc. as if that hadn't happened already once. This is nothing new from these types.
    Yes but he's on to something... he's not the first person with the idea though...

Every civilization has it's rise, decline, and fall... for a great *but lengthy* read on Rome's check out Edward Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

User Info Menu

This was over in the Politics/2nd Amendment section a while ago, check there.
    It's over for now... it seems... until yesterday begins again...tomorrow...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Yes but he's on to something... he's not the first person with the idea though...

Every civilization has it's rise, decline, and fall... for a great *but lengthy* read on Rome's check out Edward Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
    Well, every civilization so far. So stipulated.

However, every civilization also has it's doomsayers claiming "the end is near" and the existence of such claims has little to do with whether that civilization's end was, in fact, near.
    David L. Burkhead If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dburkhead View Post
    Well, every civilization so far. So stipulated.

However, every civilization also has it's doomsayers claiming "the end is near" and the existence of such claims has little to do with whether that civilization's end was, in fact, near.
    Yes, but compared to the trend, we are on our decline and fall.

Master

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, now I won't be able to sleep tonight due to worrying!
    Handgun control is using both hands.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    Yes, but compared to the trend, we are on our decline and fall.
    People were saying the same thing last recession. If you owned a car in the 70s, you would have said it then.

Cheer up man!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    People were saying the same thing last recession. If you owned a car in the 70s, you would have said it then.

Cheer up man!
    Thats true, I remember when gas went to 1.35 and I thought that we were doomed.

"If we have learned anything from zombies it is that once you have had human flesh you can't be trusted to stop by the store the next time your hungry." - Repair

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast