Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious OC vs CS

User Info Menu

Just Curious OC vs CS

Just Curious. Which is more effective, OC or CS? I hope to have a few Police Officers with military service behind them answer this question.

I have used pepper spray on several dogs with great success.

I also did CS training in the USMC an average of once a year. CS chamber in the USMC is no joke. Sometimes you wear a hazmat suit sometimes just a field uniform, but always you have to remove your gas mask and chant / repeat something then don and clear the mask. CS in a confined room is very effective. So I was wondering those of you that have real life experience with both, which is more effective?

As an after thought those of you that have served in the USMC, do they still have the dreaded gas chamber training?
    INGO has an excellent resource for safety recalls. Check it out: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...l-listing.html

User Info Menu

Im not sure if one is more effective than the other.
    I dont want to get sprayed by any of them.
    Also you can find some brands of spray that use both OC and CS.

User Info Menu

from what trek(blue cell protective service) told us in the less lethal class, the OC is quicker to work than the CS

ATM

User Info Menu

Whenever it's OC vs anything, I pick OC.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    Whenever it's OC vs anything, I pick OC.
    OC vs bacon?

ATM

User Info Menu

ouch.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

Mmm... bacon with hot sauce... OC, in case anyone doesn't know, is oleoresin capsicum, which is the hot from hot peppers. It's extracted and concentrated. In actual use, it seems to me more common these days. Because it's more effective? I haven't been sprayed by either, and that's fine with me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evilwrench View Post
    Mmm... bacon with hot sauce... OC, in case anyone doesn't know, is oleoresin capsicum, which is the hot from hot peppers. It's extracted and concentrated. In actual use, it seems to me more common these days. Because it's more effective? I haven't been sprayed by either, and that's fine with me.
    So in other words, ATM doesn't have to decide between OC and bacon, he can go with both?

User Info Menu

Hey all- just stumbled on this thread. OC and CS differ in a few aspects. OC is an 'organic' less lethal while CS (Othochlorobenzonitrile) is man-made. Both attack the mucus membranes of the body- but CS has a faster incapacitation speed of about 5-15 seconds while OC takes about 15-30 seconds for full effect. Both will cause the eyes to shut immediately in 99% of the exposures. The downside to CS- some states CS is not legal for civ carry and that it is usually found in powder or fog form only. If you want a great mix- Freeze +P by Aerko is an awesome OC/CS mix in stream form. Take care and stay safe! -Trek
    The Martha Stewart of Tactical

User Info Menu

I'm a 37mm gas gun operator so I know a little about the stuff. OC will burn you...CS will choke you. Having been CS gassed myself, I will take it over OC any day. It sucks real bad but it it doesn't burn. No residual the next day in the shower. CS full effect happens faster than OC. It's good stuff.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast