• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    So my wife comes home after her "girls night out," and states that the girls were talking about getting matching tattoos. Should I be upset that she never asked me how a feel about her getting a tattoo? I know that I do not own her and can not demand her to do or not do something but I just feel that she should want to know my opinion on whether I think she should get one or not. Any opinions?:dunno:

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    That was her way of asking. By saying that they talked about, she wanted to see your reaction to the topic. It took me a long time figure this out. Good luck.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You should act excited but bring up something that you'll know she'll get upset over and the topic will disappear.

wife: The girls and i were talking about getting matching tattoos to show how good of friends we are in a permanent manor.

you: That's awesome! The guys and I were talking about meeting here once a week for a "see who can get the drunkest" competition. It's neat that we can connect with our friends on a similar level and that's why i love you so much.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So my wife comes home after her "girls night out," and states that the girls were talking about getting matching tattoos. Should I be upset that she never asked me how a feel about her getting a tattoo? I know that I do not own her and can not demand her to do or not do something but I just feel that she should want to know my opinion on whether I think she should get one or not. Any opinions?:dunno:

Why?

And trailblazer nailed it. That was her way of asking.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    That was her way of asking. By saying that they talked about, she wanted to see your reaction to the topic. It took me a long time figure this out. Good luck.

^^^ i have to admit i use that tactic sometimes to see how my husband feels about things. I think he does the same thing sometimes though.

Me: i've been thinking about doing/buying _________.
    Ed: oh, are you going to do it?
    Me: i already made an appointment/did, etc.

to the OP: does your wife have any other tats? do you have any? are you maybe disappointed that she doesn't want matching ones with you, or something to that effect? i have quite a few tats, i started before hubby did. even though he knew i'd always wanted one, and we'd discussed it many times, it created major drama when i did it. he criticized everything about it, and we were at odds over it for several weeks. to be honest, i don't care for one of his tats either, but it is his, not mine, and i just let it go. i do think it is best to discuss these things before getting them, but in the end, it's not really a big deal, (unless you are having some really offensive thing tattooed in plain view), especially if both of you pull your own weight, and have a good relationship.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    I that she has the right do get a tatoo, and you should try to be supportive, however I would ask her to wait for 6 months and think about it. If after 6 months she still wants to get it, go for it. My guess is that there may have been a little drinking going on at the girls night out, let her think about it for a bit, and she may have a change of heart. Just my 2 cents

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Interpretation

Like the guy in the video says, it's all about processing and interpeting information. For example: The wife suggested I get myself one of those "male enhancers", so I did.....she's 21 and her name's Lucy.

Seriously, though, tell her she can do whatever she wants to do. Then ask her the question every person, male or female, should ponder before getting a tattoo. What's it going to look like in 40 years?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I think matching tattoos is kinda weird unless you're in the military with some guys. However, if they all get seperate tattoos and she gets one of those heart ones that only you see...then I say SURE!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Like the guy in the video says, it's all about processing and interpeting information. For example: The wife suggested I get myself one of those "male enhancers", so I did.....she's 21 and her name's Lucy.

Seriously, though, tell her she can do whatever she wants to do. Then ask her the question every person, male or female, should ponder before getting a tattoo. What's it going to look like in 40 years?

:+1: Boy did you hit the nail on the head! When I was MUCH younger and still looked "hot" in a bikini, I wanted a Pegasus tatooed on my left hip, just above where the tan line was. Now I'm glad I didn't! I'd have started out with a beautiful winged horse that looked awesome, and by now it'd be a Clydesdale with wings that drooped below it's feet. :D
    And yes, I'm very critical of myself, but Bill loves how I look, just as I am.

Tell her that her body changes with time, that should help out with her decision to, or not to get one. Our daughter has several tats, and got her first one at 16. Much to dad's chagrin/dismay. She's gotten several more, and even has a "candyland" half sleeve on her right arm that looks very pretty. The only one that I think is a bit misplaced is the one on her left ....... of a beautiful fairy. It really is a beautiful tatoo, but now when guys talk to her, they never look her in the eyes, they're to busy staring at her chest. :laugh:

She's limited hers to her upper body and a few on her derriere, one being a set of big red lips. When she gets "frosted", she slightly lowers the top of her hip hugger jeans and says....."Kiss This"!

Dad's not fond of any of them, her Aunt thought they were "cute", but wanted to know how long it would take before they washed off. Her response was "for what I paid for these....they'd better NEVER wash off!" The look on my Sister and Mother in laws faces was of total shock! :D The tatoos, gorgeous, the cost, rather high, but the look on their faces, priceless!

Her cousins her age think she's awesome, she bucks the system every chance she gets! They wish they had the guts she does. She says it's her body, and her body is her temple, so she can decorate it however she wants to. I tend to agree with her, altho at this point I'd not get one myself, it'd look rather tacky.

I'm glad I didn't, and I did think about what it'd look like when I got older, so I never got one. But if your wife wants one, and wants to pay for it herself, then I don't see any harm in it. It's not like she's going to look like a "Biker Broad" or anything. :twocents:

7th Stepper

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    More background.

I asked her why would she get another when she doesn't like the one she has. She also stated that she got it on spring break and didn't really like it then but it was the one she liked the most so she got it.

I have zero tattoos.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne

You have got this all wrong friend. First you suggest they get them somewhere "hidden". Then suggest you are the DD for the night they get them done so you get to watch. :D

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As someone with tattoos, I would just say..

"knock yourself out. Just put some thought into it, because it's going to be there forever. And be sure to look around for a good artist, that does the specific type of work you're looking at. Some people who do celtic key patterns really well might suck at portraits, for example, and it takes some looking to find the right artist to do exactly what you want. And when you find that artist, you're probably going to end up on a waiting list, and he quite possibly won't be local. When it finally comes time to get it, be sure to ask for and listen to any constructive ideas they have regarding your chosen design. They are the professionals, after all. And follow their advice for taking care of it. Since this is your first tattoo, it's going to feel like a bad sunburn for a while until it all heals up. If it's big enough they might have to do it in multiple sittings, like this one, that took 10 hours and two trips.

Hey... I think I'll get another one, too. Or another gun."

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

This.

You should act excited but bring up something that you'll know she'll get upset over and the topic will disappear.

wife: The girls and i were talking about getting matching tattoos to show how good of friends we are in a permanent manor.

you: That's awesome! The guys and I were talking about meeting here once a week for a "see who can get the drunkest" competition. It's neat that we can connect with our friends on a similar level and that's why i love you so much.

LOL, pure gold right here.

Top Bottom