• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Saw today that they had added it onto netflix instant watch. After watching a few episodes I have to say that it was far better in my memories than in reality unfortunately.

If you watched and loved the show back in the day, id suggest not watching it again... killed another childhood memory :(

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Saw today that they had added it onto netflix instant watch. After watching a few episodes I have to say that it was far better in my memories than in reality unfortunately.

If you watched and loved the show back in the day, id suggest not watching it again... killed another childhood memory :(

I used to love that show. Saw a few episodes on DVD and you are correct, not as good the second time around.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Yep. We had recorded a bunch of them in the late 80s /early 90s and watched some of them a few years ago. You can't go home again.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Remember the Columbo shows of the same era? A bit dated but still enjoyable.

columbo_s102_2d_rgb.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Wait, if you are 26 then I am older than you...I thought I was too young to know that show.:dunno:

I've seriously never seen 5 seconds of one episode.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Wait, if you are 26 then I am older than you...I thought I was too young to know that show.:dunno:

Me and my dad used to watch reruns of it together while he was woodworking in the garage all while I was growing up. Well, that and leave it to beaver. Some of those great childhood memories had that show in the background...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I haven't watched "The Wonder Years" since it was first run.
    But...
    I always had a little bit of a soft spot for the "The Wonder Years" because I grew up the exact same age as Kevin was portrayed in the show. (1974 HS Graduate)

So though it wasn't a show that will go down in TV history as one of the "greats", I still enjoyed watching it because some parts of it did bring back memories of when I grew up.

Top Bottom