• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Just received a rate increase letter from Brighthouse letting me know my package discounts were expiring and my rates were going up.

Been using Brighthouse for going on 6 years. Called them to inquire what my new rate would be - going up about 17.00

Me: What's a new user going to pay for what I currently have
    BH: $xxx (11 bucks cheaper than my current bill) - and it has higher internet speeds.
    Me: I'll take it !
    BH: that's only for NEW users
    Me: shall we discuss customer retention and the cost of attracting new customers? Lets call it a SAVED CUSTOMER package.
    BH: Have you considered other providers? (I KID YOU NOT)
    Me: Seriously? you are TELLING me to go elsewhere.
    BH: I"ll be right back
    BH: I will put you on the new customer billing.

SO my bill went down 11 bucks and I have a higher Internet Service Package starting November.

It's worth a phone call to not take what they are pushing.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Huh. I'll have to watch for that letter. I've used pretty much the same tactic when anyone tries to raise rates (cell phone, cable, whatever). Usually works.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Just downgraded my Brighthouse cable from $101 to $20 a month today.:)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I need to call Comcast for the same reasons. My bill went up about 70 bucks because of the 12 month promotion ended for me.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just received a rate increase letter from Brighthouse letting me know my package discounts were expiring and my rates were going up.

Been using Brighthouse for going on 6 years. Called them to inquire what my new rate would be - going up about 17.00

Me: What's a new user going to pay for what I currently have
    BH: $xxx (11 bucks cheaper than my current bill) - and it has higher internet speeds.
    Me: I'll take it !
    BH: that's only for NEW users
    Me: shall we discuss customer retention and the cost of attracting new customers? Lets call it a SAVED CUSTOMER package.
    BH: Have you considered other providers? (I KID YOU NOT)
    Me: Seriously? you are TELLING me to go elsewhere.
    BH: I"ll be right back
    BH: I will put you on the new customer billing.

SO my bill went down 11 bucks and I have a higher Internet Service Package starting November.

It's worth a phone call to not take what they are pushing.

No BS, I went though the exact same phone call, I'm now on Directv for TV, Vonage for phone and I'm only keeping Brighthouse for internet until I can find another provider. When I said they were being unreasonable they told me to go somewhere else.

Not very concerned with keeping customers. One week after dropping Brighthouse I start getting all kinds of offers in the mail from Brighthouse and some dip wad actually came to the house to offer a package. I explained that I now had a contract with Directv and both Vonage and Directv cost me less and provide better equipment / service. I then let my dog encourage him to leave my property.

I forgot to mention I had been a Brighthouse customer (internet, tv, phone) for several years.

Last edited:

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    No BS, I went though the exact same phone call, I'm now on Directv for TV, Vonage for phone and I'm only keeping Brighthouse for internet until I can find another provider. When I said they were being unreasonable they told me to go somewhere else.

Not very concerned with keeping customers. One week after dropping Brighthouse I start getting all kinds of offers in the mail from Brighthouse and some dip wad actually came to the house to offer a package. I explained that I now had a contract with Directv and both Vonage and Directv cost me less and provide better equipment / service. I then let my dog encourage him to leave my property.

I forgot to mention I had been a Brighthouse customer (internet, tv, phone) for several years.

ATT DSL for me is only $20 a month. No problems with the internet, but if you ever have to call customer service, good luck trying to get a human!

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    I just called UVERSE yesterday. We have the U300 cable plan, 2 DVR boxes and the 2nd to highest .net speed and my bill went from 150 to 175. I called and told them FIOS is offering 99/year for TV/Net/Phone which I don't have and they dropped my bill 60/month with credits for 6 months.

I was happy with their offer and won't switch until I give them a chance to drop it again in 6 months.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We just dropped U-Verse cable (kept the internet) for 2 Roku boxes ($99ea @ Amazon). Have a Netflix account and a laptop to stream stuff from the internet that the Roku can't. Not at all sorry. Went from $120/mo to <$40. The kids watched too much TV anyway. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me keep the $80/mo for guns and ammo...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm getting ready to pop BrightHouse, I currently have my cable through them, but my VOIP and Internet is through Earthlink, but is contracted through BrightHouse.

I've had some talks with them and looks like they are going to give me a new customer discount with RoadRunner Turbo (their fastest Internet) Cable and VOIP, and everything will stay the same that I currently have, just will start paying about $30.00 less a month.

Now I just have to clear it with the wife, (she hates it when I do changes without letting her know the 411 on it).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Zounds, haven't heard from them. I'm Earthlink through Brighthouse and had the same email from 1996. Thinkin they'd better not juke with me.

Top Bottom