• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We received two calls from the IU emergency response system on Sunday morning. As soon as we fell asleep, the emails started coming in. I didn't listen to the messages well and believed the calls were due to something happening on the IUPUI campus. I was surprised to learn there [STRIKE]was a shooting[/STRIKE] were shots fired on the Bloomington campus.

They caught the perpetrator, who did not attend IU, but was on campus to attend a party. Great work IUPD!

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Seems to be a common thing. When I was down there for law school, one of the guys a year ahead of me took a rifle and shot up his books. I think one of the profs there even covered his legal defense, as well.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    We received two calls from the IU emergency response system on Sunday morning. As soon as we fell asleep, the emails started coming in. I didn't listen to the messages well and believed the calls were due to something happening on the IUPUI campus. I was surprised to learn there [STRIKE]was a shooting[/STRIKE] were shots fired on the Bloomington campus.

They caught the perpetrator, who did not attend IU, but was on campus to attend a party. Great work IUPD!

Was it an unhappy football season ticket holder?

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I had heard that he shot the gun into the air. While still not good, I'm glad nobody was hit.

Does anyone know if he had a LTCH?
    He did not, and he was 19; sounds like he swept the whole room then put some holes into the wall/ceiling as people went running. Then he got kicked out and was trying to get back into the party when the cops showed up. Here is the news story I saw on it last night.
    Non-student arrested in shots fired on IU campus - 13 WTHR

We had dinner just off of campus Saturday night and walked campus for a little while, as we waited for our table; less than 8 hours later this happened. When we were leaving the house I chambered a round, and was asked by my girlfriend "Are you planning to shoot anyone?" (Something I really hadn't heard since my first weeks of carry) to which I said "No, but if the situation arises that I have to then I want to be ready for it." I got the rolled eyes and you're paranoid for carrying look. Needless to say I did win a little more support for my cause when I pointed out how happenstance had a close in distance and time to places where bad things are happening; and that those things can and do happen for reasons beyond our control.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I think this is not exactly uncommon in Bloomington. I heard what I believe to be 2 pistol shots around midnight last Monday night downtown.

I hear what I am pretty sure are gunshots once every three months or so downtown. When I worked with a bunch of college kids, they would occasionally mention that someone at a party that weekend had a pistol and was shooting it into the air.

Yikes.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Seems like you hear a lot from Bloomington about violent crime--must be all the peace loving, OWS, types practicing for their upcoming revolution...

A quick google search found this, which is interesting: Crime Report for Bloomington
    Looks like that Data is from 2004, this chart goes up to 09 Bloomington, Indiana (IN) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders Rape stats are off the chart compared to the national average the last few years, I'm sure some attributed to the university, but such a disparity makes me wonder what other factors might be going on there. Thefts are a little steep but for the most part, your average town.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Looks like that Data is from 2004, this chart goes up to 09 Bloomington, Indiana (IN) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders Rape stats are off the chart compared to the national average the last few years, I'm sure some attributed to the university, but such a disparity makes me wonder what other factors might be going on there. Thefts are a little steep but for the most part, your average town.

That one chart show a really dramatic climb since about '04/05 and really does go to support the impression that Bloomington has gotten more dangerous. You have this most recent event, a few months ago there was that hostage/shoot out; I remember a paper report where the police said they found a pipe bomb, etc. When we moved out in 2004, I don't remember all that stuff--maybe I was used to hearing about it or maybe I got out just in time.

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    i know this might be kinda bad for digging up this thread but i would just like to say i left IU to head back to indy from my girlfriends dorm wich s on jordan and 10th. i left right before it happened. my girlfriend told me not long after i left she and her room mate heard several loud bangs and soon after police. they gt up and lokd at their email because IU is goodabout that thing. from the suicide at read to the lethal fire in th apatments. they usually get emails minets after things happen. so yea needlessto say i gt a few very worried calls, made worse by the fact that my phone had died on my way home so i couldnt answer

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    dummy

why would this guy do somthing so stupid

it seems today people have no brains

this reminds me of the guy the other day im not sure where this happend but he ordered a xxl chalupa at taco bell and because he felt there was not enough meat on it he made a molatav cocktail and threw it at the drive thru menu

He's a criminal!

Top Bottom