GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'll still correct it (politely) outside of an intro thread

...I let those slide. ;)
    Nothing wrong with being polite.. It's the guys that are SAs about it and act like they don't know what he's talking about... The only person I do that to is Westside, and that's his spelling.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    How is it not a permit? I don't understand the argument over semantics. License or permit, both are PERMISSIONS GRANTED to carry.
    Haha, I agree.. People get so worked up over it, either way, you're getting permission. The, "It's a right recognized by the constitution," is kinda funny to me. If people want to hard line like that, then why get the LTCH. Either way, you're applying to the state to get to carry a gun. Sounds a lot like permission to me.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    His point is that you can do more on a driver's license than on a learners permit. I'll grant that to be true, however, it is still the .gov giving you permission to do something.

I know what his point was. ;) But it has nothing to do with the name giving to the permission slip.

It's a semantics issue. The piece of paper doesn't grant/deny/revoke any privileges by virtue of what we call it.

Top Bottom