• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know I do not like Papa John's pizza. I have never liked it, for whatever reason I decided to give them another try again tonight. What a mistake :xmad:
    I am sorry to anyone that enjoys Papa John's, but I swear this is the worst pizza ever. :noway:

So what do you think INGO. What is your worst big chain pizza joint? I am not talking about small mom & pop shops, but the large chains that are all over Indiana?

Never again will I make the mistake of trying them :puke:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I do not like Dominos...

Papa John's, while not the best, is still acceptable for the price. Little Caesars is another that I don't like... I'll eat just about anything when I'm hungry, but Pizza Hut and Pizza King are on the top of my "big chain" pizza places.

For local places (Bedford area) I really like Grecco's... It's pretty good pizza... not as good as my homemade pizza, but it's pretty good if you're hungry and don't want to cook. It's also really convenient when I can see it from my house. :D

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Worst but cheapest: Little Ceasar - How can you beat a $5 sausage pizza?
    Best but expensive: The Ordinary in Wanamaker
    Pretty good and pretty cheap: Papa Murphy Veggie Delight...add your own goodies at home

We never buy Dominos, Donatos, or Pizza Grunt (hut)

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Worst, Dominos (they've gotten a bit better but still have a ways to go in order to be passable)

Best:

1. Donatos (Founders Favorite is 'da bomb!)
    2. Papa Murphys
    3. Pizza King
    4. Pizza Hut

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Worst- Papa Johns
    Best Chain- Pizza Hut (not really saying much though). Noble Romans would have gone here at one time.

Best local- Volcano PIzza in Elkhart.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To the people that said something about Papa Murphys

Is that the place where you just pick up the pie, but then bake it yourself?

If so I remember trying that at someone else's place before. How are their prices?

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Worst but cheapest: Little Ceasar - How can you beat a $5 sausage pizza?
    Best but expensive: The Ordinary in Wanamaker
    Pretty good and pretty cheap: Papa Murphy Veggie Delight...add your own goodies at home

We never buy Dominos, Donatos, or Pizza Grunt (hut)

The Ordinary in Wanamaker is the best in my opinion!!!
    I hate PIZZA HUT!!! Nothing but a greasy mess!!!!

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Maybe some old schooler will recall, but the BEST pizza is JOHNs pizza, started out in Calumet City, than Lansing, now there is one still in Munster...

Was a old mob hangout back in the day....

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    To the people that said something about Papa Murphys

Is that the place where you just pick up the pie, but then bake it yourself?

If so I remember trying that at someone else's place before. How are their prices?

$8-12 if you've got a coupon. Runs up to $15 without one I think. That's our go to pizza if we're lazy and don't want to cook.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    1. Papa Murphys
    2. Cici's (However, I do like their cheese bread)
    3. Pizza Hut

On any given night, if I had to choose between any of those places and nothing, I'd rather not eat.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is the second pizza hate thread I have seen. I love to put down Dominos. The product sucks and the company is hands down the worst on the planet. May Dominos go down in flames.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    CTC B4Z

There was a thread similar to this some months ago and I, too, noted that John's in Munster was the best. The old restaurant in Cal City was great. It always felt like Bogie or George Raft would walk in at any time.

We hated Dominos for a long time. Last week we tried the Artisan pizzas and ordered a pepperoni pizza too! Holy smoke they were sooooo good! Something has changed for the better at Dominos.

There was a story online about two Dominos 'managers' burning down the rival Papa John's in some little Florida town. Now THAT's dealing with competition! :n00b:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    For me, best to worst: (of the chains readily available near Fishers)

Mellow Mushroom
    Nancy's
    Hungry Howies
    Greek's
    Donatos
    Papa Johns
    Papa Murphy's
    Noble Roman's
    Pizza Hut
    Dominos (haven't tried since they revamped their recipe)
    Little Caesars (Pan style only)
    Marcos (Thanks HDSilvrStrk, forgot this one too)
    Hotbox (Thanks jetmech, I forgot this one)
    Cici's
    Pizza Inn
    Chuck E. Cheese

Pizza King is so variable, it can be at the top of this list or at the bottom, depending upon the location.
    Chatham Tap only has two locations, so that would be stretching "chain" a bit, but it is really good; the crust is quite different from most pizza.
    Three Wise Men (Broadripple location of Scotty's Brewhouse chain) is another take on pizza (flatbread), and its very good too.

I still prefer non-chain pizza; current favs in Indy are Pizzology and Napolese, but Jackamos is still on my list to try.

I had a great pizza up in Chicago this weekend at a place called Piece. Great beer there, too. I'm not certain, but I think the Three Wise Men concept is modeled after it.

Last edited:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Add Hot Box to list of worst (or as I call it $h*t Box)

Best: Bazbeaux or Some Guys, Mellow Mushroom is good too. Growing up in Chicago where there's about a dozen little hole in the wall pizza joints on one block it's hard to find anything that compares though (I'm talking thin crust pizza not the thick or stuffed).

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Marco's is a pretty new chain to the Indy area, but they're popping up all over the place. There are 3 of them within doable distance to us. We've tried them twice and have been disappointed both times.

I'm pretty forgiving in the pizza dept and like them all. Papa Johns? Fine. Pizza Hut? Sure, why not. Dominos? Had some tonight. Marco's? Um..pass. What else you got?

Top Bottom