• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Is there anything that duct tape CAN'T do... holy cow... they have nuclear duct tape... It's for sale on Amazon. You save $495.26 ... that's some expensive duct tape. But it can be used at nuclear power plants... I certainly hope that isn't used to hold them together. It does deteriorate after a short while especially in the sun.

Amazon.com: 3M Performance Plus 8979N Nuclear 48-Millimeter-by-54.8-Meter Duct Tape, Slate Blue: Home Improvement

3M Performance Plus 8979N Nuclear 48-Millimeter-by-54.8-Meter Duct Tape, Slate Blue

List Price: $508.14 Price: $12.88 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details You Save: $495.26 (97%)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I now have a big roll of Gorilla Tape.

Now I just need to find a gorilla and something to which to tape him.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    A lot of people do not know that Chernobyl happened because of using cheap Chinese duct tape, rather than real nuclear tape. Well I mean that and having a SCRAM that actually increased rather than decreased reaction rate. But, cheap duct tape was there. That is all I am sayin.
    But is IT capable of holding together a nuclear power plant?
    Gaffers tape would certainly hold together a Hollywood reactor fine. It is not licensed to be used outside of Hollywood.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A lot of people do not know that Chernobyl happened because of using cheap Chinese duct tape, rather than real nuclear tape. Well I mean that and having a SCRAM that actually increased rather than decreased reaction rate. But, cheap duct tape was there. That is all I am sayin.

I heard someone spilled a Diet Pepsi on one of the control panels, which started the whole the thing. If only they'd been drinking an uncola, none of it would have happened.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I heard someone spilled a Diet Pepsi on one of the control panels, which started the whole the thing. If only they'd been drinking an uncola, none of it would have happened.

Nice. Early-era SNL reference. Well-played, sir.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Gaffer\'s tape is a great duct tape substitute. Much more expensive, but great for temporary rigging jobs.

I would go one further and say that gaffer's tape is not a duct tape substitute, but the proper tape for darn nearly any job where you'd use duct tape. If anything, I'd say that duct is a **** poor substitute for gaf, but any port in a storm. Gaf is stronger, adheres better, is less sticky, and can be reapplied with less "loss" than duct tape. Oh and it works better on surfaces that are damp/wet or rough/porous.

After having used tons of gaffer's tape when I worked in the sound industry, I find it hard to be satisfied with duct tape. Especially cheap duct tape.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    failuf8.jpg

Top Bottom