• Total voters

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    i need some help.

i think it may just be because spring is just round the corner, but i am toying with the idea of selling a certain semi-auto 'commie' rifle to put towards a motorcycle.

keep in mind, i have never owned a motorcycle before, but i promised myself i would get one this year and enjoy the weather all season.

keep in mind, said semi-auto is the last of the mohicans in my safe (lake michigan, you know the story). i dont know when or if i would be able to replace it.

what should i do???

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I posted a no.
    But then again my wife and I saved for a while and bought an older mtorcycle and did some fixing up and now have a great rider. nd I still have my commie rifle....... until the next lake michigan trip. ;)

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    well, if i do sell, i will probably post it within the next day- since i will be in the Indy area all weekend. i think no matter what i do, there will be some regret....just a matter of how much!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Jokes about "boating accidents" aside, I wouldn't do it unless the rifle really is supernumerary. However, if it is, then get the bike.

Personally, for a first bike, I'd get a dual-purpose on/off road bike. You can do a lot of your learning, and make a lot of your mistakes, in a more forgiving environment than pavement filled with cars (that loom very large and very threatening when you outside your vehicle rather than surrounded by nice, comforting steel). And the ability to go off-road has its own advantages in various emergencies.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Ahh, the old Yamaha.. it's a tempting mistress, isn't it??

Would this certain "Commie" rifle be more along the lines of an SKS or an AK (or, perhaps, something different entirely)??

Top Bottom