• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raggedoutcummins77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    morgantown in
    I stoped for lunch today at taco bell. So when i sat down to eat i had my glock 23c on me in my crossbread on my side under my shirt. I guess when i sat down a lady and her hubby or bf i guess seen it and she got up and went to the rest room. The next thing i know two cops pull up with there light on and came in and told me to step out side so i did. They said we got a call that u had a gun on u and i said yes i do. They ask if i had a ltc i pulled it out and then they said ok have a nice day.So i went back in to eat my cold food :xmad: and i over heard that lady say wow they didnt do anything at all to him. So i looked at that lady and said thanks for the cold food and i have the right to carry any time i want.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Wow, that sucks that those people are so ignorant about the law.
    +1 to the cops anyway, they did just their job and were polite about it from what you tell us.
    - 1 to those people and for the cold food.
    They probably thought they were about to catch a criminal.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'm curious how much this will happen on the 14th at all the Starbucks...

No doubt! Funny thing is, I'm going to Starbucks with an off duty cop. Myself, my wife, & my cop buddy will all be OC, his wife doesn't have an LTCH yet, but will be wearing her pro 2A swag. We might just do a Starbucks tour that day. HA!

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    i try to stay away from taco hell for mine and my toilets safety.. hopefully the lady learned a lesson

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Too bad, the cops didn't ask them to step outside so they could explain what just happened and why. They might have actually learned something today....At the very least their food would have been cold too!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They should finally tell the people calling for that that it's legal to carry a gun like that.
    That way they shouldn't have to waist the time of two officers anytime that happens.
    Sure if one person is walking toward a bank with a gun in his hands and a ski mask on his head they should send someone, but someone sitting down and eating they shouldn't.
    It's just like if I called the police and told them that I saw a woman driving a car down the street.And asking them to do something about it.
    They would tell me that women are allowed to drive, just like men, and wouldnt send an officer to make sure she has a licence.
    They would just lecture me about the law, like they should do with "MWG" calls.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    They should finally tell the people calling for that that it's legal to carry a gun like that.
    That way they shouldn't have to waist the time of two officers anytime that happens.
    Sure if one person is walking toward a bank with a gun in his hands and a ski mask on his head they should send someone, but someone sitting down and eating they shouldn't.
    It's just like if I called the police and told them that I saw a woman driving a car down the street.And asking them to do something about it.
    They would tell me that women are allowed to drive, just like men, and wouldnt send an officer to make sure she has a licence.

^^^THIS^^^ :+1:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh, look, little Miss Self-Righteous Busybody got shut down when it turned out that the bad old man with an evil evil gun wasn't doing anything illegal! Should have charged her with filing a false report.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Cops pull up with their lights on = Lady called saying, "zOMG, MWAG!!!! Call SWAT."

I can't be angry with the LEO... they're doing their job by responding and it seems they didn't hassle you much.
    What they SHOULD have done (since the LEO realized their time was wasted) was go back inside following you,
    walk up to the lady that called in MWAG and explain to her that she's a n00b.........

On your part? Next time? Don't be afraid or hesitant to say, "If it's regarding my weapon, I've got a LTCH. Thank you. I'd like to finish my food".

It's not often that I'm truly pissed off reading on the forums. I'd have respectively made sure the lady was familiar with a law as simple as this.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I would have demanded new food. That's bull****.

From who? Taco Bell? It wasn't their fault. I'm pretty darned sure the "informant sheeple" wouldn't be too keen on buying the OP some hot food, even though it would have been funny of him to ask.

Personally, speaking strictly from an armchair quarterback position, I think I would have asked the LEO's to go in and inform said "informant sheeple" that I was within my rights and give them a stern warning. But that's just me.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

You have no idea how much this disgusts me.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Bravo for keeping your cool in spite of what must have been incredibly nerve wracking. It is really simple to tell the good guy with the gun from the bad guy with the gun. The bad guy is pointing it at you, the good guy is eating a taco. It would have been nice if the dispatcher had asked the complainant if you had been doing anything illegal. It seems to be if the lady who called had been scared she would have left the restaurant completely. Instead she chose to try and make trouble for a guy minding his own business.

Top Bottom