• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    This is Ari. She is a 10 week old shepherd mix. It's been a long time since I have had a dog, and she is pretty awesome.

picture.php

picture.php

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    So after having Ari for 10 days now all I can say is wow what a smart dog. She now know how to sit, shake with both hands, give high fives, give kisses, fetch, lay down and is trained pretty well on a leash to leave things that I don't want her playing with. We also found that she is an Anatolian Shephard, if you don't know what that is here is some information:

ALATURKA.ORG

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Good deal. She looks like a good one. How much time are you training per day?

We try to train her all day, in various forms. When she goes out to use the restroom we are having her hit the bells on the handle, when she is walking on the leash we are issuing commands for her to "leave it" for items that we don't want her to have, directional commands around obstacles, then just the regular sit, lay down type stuff a few minutes several times a day.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Have had her for 2 weeks now and what a difference 2 weeks makes. This dog is amazing: From Anatolian Shepherd Dogs International, Inc., Home Page

The large size is necessary to provide visual intimidation to predators as large as the wolves, bears, and other predators of different regions. Large predators tend to be timid, as injury to themselves will decrease their abilities to survive; thus, a large guarding dog does not necessarily have to fight, yet is quite capable of inflicting serious injury if challenged.

12 weeks old.
    picture.php

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Had to update this after seeing a different thread today. She is almost 8 months old and is a wonderful dog. Strong as an ox and very gentle. She is very aware of what is going on around her and protective of my GF which is great. As soon as there is a strange noise in the area she is using her "I am big" bark that will definitely wake me or my gf up other than that she rarely barks. I love this dog.

picture.php

Top Bottom