I wish some of the people posting ads were not insane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    This conversation has been had before.....

As a seller, it is their right to make the price whatever they would like to. Whether it is $20 under value, or $900 over value. You, as a buyer have the equal right to NOT buy their item.

-End Rant.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    welcome to ingo. it happens all the time. they bump their add 30 times with stuff like "i cant believe this has not sold" or "last bump" either way some buyers put a preimium on no paper work so mabye it works.,

either way i really dont care what folks want to sell there stuff for. if you want 400 bucks for a factory 10-22 thats fine by me, im not going to buy it but whatever floats your boat

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I think some of it has to do with negotiations. Why start low to be talked down lower? Start high and work your way down...

Other times there may be extras to made the price a little higher...

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Because everyone knows that second hand stuff is worth more than retail because all those guys on INGO and Hoosier Topics are really cool like Sons of Guns and Don Davis that doesn't want to make money and because he only loves to sell guns and because they were Special Forces that have a national gun permit to carry including when they visit the White House and have dinner with the President.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Because everyone knows that second hand stuff is worth more than retail because all those guys on INGO and Hoosier Topics are really cool like Sons of Guns and Don Davis that doesn't want to make money and because he only loves to sell guns and because they were Special Forces that have a national gun permit to carry including when they visit the White House and have dinner with the President.

Umm yeah... I take it we caught you on a bad day or something??

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I always look in the classifieds for handguns that I am looking for online, and laugh when a new item+shipping+FFL fee is cheaper or equal to a used handgun on here...good stuff

Although, I have seen quite a few deals, they are just no where near as common as over priced used items.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    This conversation has been had before.....

As a seller, it is their right to make the price whatever they would like to. Whether it is $20 under value, or $900 over value. You, as a buyer have the equal right to NOT buy their item.

-End Rant.

My feelings exactly. Besides pricing, I have ran into one other thing recently that has me scratching my head. When someone posts an ad, and I respond to it no more than two hours later, I then get a reply from their phone stating that they will be out of town for three days. Why post something for sale locally if you're not going to be around for interested parties?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    They do it so people can start threads like this, keeps things interesting.

Seriously though, why not just make them an offer and see what they say? Maybe they know they are going to get low-ball offers so they price a little higher.

Top Bottom