• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Here's the background: my neighbor has a friend living with him. She (the friend) has locked herself out of the house today. He (the homeowner) is on travel. So my questions are:
    A) would a locksmith let her/me in to get the key. I don't think she has anything to prove she's allowed to be there other than her clothes and stuff (and she can tell you exactly where the key is)
    B) is there anyone on INGO who could do it?

$

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Forgot to mention that I'm not looking for a freebie. I'll pay what's needed, but I'd rather use someone from ingo than the phone book.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got some breeching rounds and a Mossberg 500 with a standoff barrel I've been wanting to try out... wait, that's just gonna cause more trouble. Does that show as the address on her license? I'd think a locksmith would be reluctant if not forbidden to let a third party into someone's place, liability and whatnot.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Is the dead bolt locked? Is there any wiggle in the door allowing you to get a credit/marsh/kroger card between the frame and the door?

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Good luck.. If I lived closer I'd come see if I could help you out with my bump keys. ;)
    Looked for any unlocked windows yet?

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah, no unlocked windows.
    No deadbolt at least.
    Her drivers license is from NY. She's back here working for a few months.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    If there is no dead bolt I would almost guess if you just leaned against the door you could stick a credit card or something like that in and slide it down to where the lock is causing the lock to let the door open...

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    If there is no dead bolt I would almost guess if you just leaned against the door you could stick a credit card or something like that in and slide it down to where the lock is causing the lock to let the door open...

Most exterior doors have a small tab on the back of the latch, that, when pushed in by the strike plate, refuse to let the latch move. The CC trick is one of the reasons that tab is there.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Get yourself a lock pick and pick the lock. or

How to Make a Lock Picking Tension Wrench | eHow.com

Picking locks is easy as hell. Put a little tension on the tumbler in the direction that the tumbler moves to unlock. Then place a pick against the pins and slid the pick all the way down to the bottom of the lock. Then put preasure on the pin while gently twisting the wrench. you will hear a click. and zip band boom you are in.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Get yourself a lock pick and pick the lock. or

How to Make a Lock Picking Tension Wrench | eHow.com

Picking locks is easy as hell. Put a little tension on the tumbler in the direction that the tumbler moves to unlock. Then place a pick against the pins and slid the pick all the way down to the bottom of the lock. Then put preasure on the pin while gently twisting the wrench. you will hear a click. and zip band boom you are in.

Thats old hat. The new trend is "bumping" the lock. Look on youtube and you can see its almost like cheating to open a door with it. "Lock bumping"

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Most exterior doors have a small tab on the back of the latch, that, when pushed in by the strike plate, refuse to let the latch move. The CC trick is one of the reasons that tab is there.

That trick seems to work pretty good for me assuming the dead bolt is not locked:D

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas

Holy Smokes that actually worked! I'm in. Thank you sir! used a AAA card so I wouldn't mess up my credit card.:rockwoot:

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Thats old hat. The new trend is "bumping" the lock. Look on youtube and you can see its almost like cheating to open a door with it. "Lock bumping"

Call me old fashion.

I carry a 1911, I listen to the oldies, and I pick locks. ;)

**If I had a lock picking set, I might even stop by on my way home through brip if they could prove she had permission to be in the house.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Call me old fashion.

I carry a 1911, I listen to the oldies, and I pick locks. ;)

**If I had a lock picking set, I might even stop by on my way home through brip if they could prove she had permission to be in the house.

I made my own set out of hacksaw blades and the metal strip from windshield wiper blades.. and even hand filed my bump key set. Nothing wrong with oldies, and I love my 1911. :D

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The locks might be fine... Hard to lock a dead bolt from the outside without a key... I would work on making it so you cant run a card down the side :-D

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I made my own set out of hacksaw blades and the metal strip from windshield wiper blades.. and even hand filed my bump key set. Nothing wrong with oldies, and I love my 1911. :D

Thats pretty rad. I have some broken saws all blades. Perhaps I will pull out a file and make my own lock pick set.

I have been working it out in my head to make some thing like this

001-002-0004.jpg

but as a lock picking set, not a pipe tool. I figure, I always have my pipe tool in my pocket, and it wouldnt be a big deal to have a lock picking set on me as well if it was similarly convenient to have in my pocket.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good deal. Might want to let the owner know to upgrade his locks, too! :D

Probably doesn't need them upgraded. Just needs the door hung so that the tab doesn't become engaged when the door is shut.

Although, deadbolts should just be standard these days. I can't imagine living in a home with a door that didn't have at least one deadbolt.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom