• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven't ever done an iPhone screen, but I did replace the battery on my 3GS--not that tough. I've been told the screens on the 3g's aren't that tough (assume the 4's are similar). Have you searched YouTube for a how-to?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Have seen the vids but not sure the phone will hold up by the time I get the kit and all.

Just a thought:

A friend of mine's kid fixed them for his buddies and other students, on the side, while in college. I'm not sure how you'd find somebody similar-maybe craig's list?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Don't know where you are located, but there are a dozen places in Indy that will do it for you for about $100. My wife has dropped her iPhone3 twice and her iPhone 4 twice; the kit will set you back about $40, and about 2 hrs the first time you do it. It really isn't very hard.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    you can buy the kit on Amazon for about $7 and do it yourself. I've done it twice, it's pretty easy, especially with the video going at the same time...

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hey,
    Go see Brian at Indy Cellular Repair. He does repairs as reasonable as absolutely possible. He replaced a broken home button for about $40. Apple told me it was $195 to do the repair... or $199 for a new iphone. ICR is in Broad Ripple on Winthrop (upstairs suite). He will take care of you and you won't be broke when he's done. HIGHLY recommended.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Hey,
    Go see Brian at Indy Cellular Repair. He does repairs as reasonable as absolutely possible. He replaced a broken home button for about $40. Apple told me it was $195 to do the repair... or $199 for a new iphone. ICR is in Broad Ripple on Winthrop (upstairs suite). He will take care of you and you won't be broke when he's done. HIGHLY recommended.

I'll check him out thanks,

Not really wanting to do it myself... Don't have the time these days.

Top Bottom