• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Saturday night 11:30pm. My 17 yr old son had just dropped of his girlfriend after the homecoming dance. His license plate light was was out, which is why he got pulled over. He later told me he was very nervous, & shaking like a leaf. The Brownsburg cop said the shaking was cause for him to believe my son was on drugs, so he called for the canine units, & searched his car.

The cop searching the car came back & said he found marijuana seeds in the back seat, and brushed them out onto the ground, but found nothing else.

My questions are;
    Are seeds a problem?
    If he really did find seeds, would a cop just "brush them onto the ground", or was that a lie to try to get him to confess to something?

No citations were issued.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Did the cop also find a Led Zeppelin 'The Song Remains The Same' album cover under the seat? :evilangel:

I could be wrong, but possession of seeds is possession of MJ, I think. I'm sure if I'm not correct, someone will be sure to set me straight. :)

Sounds like he was trying to get the kid to open his mouth and incriminate himself.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes, seeds can be a problem under the current law:

IC 35-48-1-19
    "Marijuana" defined
    Sec. 19. "Marijuana" means any part of the plant genus Cannabis whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant, including hashish and hash oil; any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds or resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant; fiber produced from the stalks; oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant; any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom); or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination.

So,
    A) The cop was blowing smoke, hoping to scare your kid into a confession
    B) The cop did your kid a favor, because someone (your kid or his friends) didn't clean up after themselves

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no first hand knowledge, but I believe that without chemical analysis, marijuana seeds are indistinguishable from black grains of sand. A cop tells me he's found marijuana seeds in my car's carpet, I'd just say, "Really? What a load of bull$#!%. Arrest me or let me go."

P.S. I drive an ex-police cruiser. Wouldn't surprise me if the former owners "spilled" some, whether on purpose or accidentally.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have no first hand knowledge, but I believe that without chemical analysis, marijuana seeds are indistinguishable from black grains of sand. A cop tells me he's found marijuana seeds in my car's carpet, I'd just say, "Really? What a load of bull$#!%. Arrest me or let me go."

P.S. I drive an ex-police cruiser. Wouldn't surprise me if the former owners "spilled" some, whether on purpose or accidentally.

Interesting.

I had always head "Never buy an ex-cop car blah blah blah 7 million miles parked blah blah" hows that working out for you so far?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

They don't look like sand. But they might look like caraway seeds... :):

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll go see if I have any caraway seeds in the spice cupboard. Maybe a pinch deliberately tossed on the floor in the back will lead to hilarity one day.

I had to replace the nearly bald Goodyear Eagles almost right away. Soon after, front brake pads were swapped for new. Then the radiator fan motor died. All in all, just wear items. The fan was to be expected with all the idling.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I'll go see if I have any caraway seeds in the spice cupboard. Maybe a pinch deliberately tossed on the floor in the back will lead to hilarity one day.

I had to replace the nearly bald Goodyear Eagles almost right away. Soon after, front brake pads were swapped for new. Then the radiator fan motor died. All in all, just wear items. The fan was to be expected with all the idling.

huh. cool.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like he was trying to get your son to admit to using drugs. Maybe not to arrest him tonight, but to mark him as a "known (self-admitted) drug user" and use that as a reason to stop and search the car at any future time.
    You should know whether or not your son and/or his friends are using.:oldwise:

I won't waste my time giving advice about drug use; if you haven't figured out why they call it Dope, I can't help you.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Do a goggle images search on marijuana seeds. They look nothing like carroway or black sand.

My son's car is new to him, so if seeds REALLY WERE found, they MAY have already been there.

I happen to know that my son is not a user, and I happen to know that some of his friends are. We don't need to get into those details, that's not what this thread is about.

I have told him over & over to be very careful who gets in his car, because if he gets pulled over & someone in the back seat is carrying, the first thing they would do is stash it under the seat. I think this really hammered that point home.

But no, he did not consent ot a search, and was never asked. Can he demand that they call me before doing a search?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Do a goggle images search on marijuana seeds. They look nothing like carroway or black sand.

My son's car is new to him, so if seeds REALLY WERE found, they MAY have already been there.

I'm sure the officer has never heard that before.

But no, he did not consent ot a search, and was never asked. Can he demand that they call me before doing a search?

Canine hit? No he doesn't have to consent. Hasn't this been discussed here many times?

marijuana-seeds-photo-taken-via-webcam.jpg

MJ seeds

Sorry, meant coriander...

6a00e5529357ee88340115711cc9b9970c-pi

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    back when i was in highschool ~8 years ago, my car got searched during a random dog search of school grounds. They found seeds(gasp! yes real ones). they hasseled me but didn't charge me. which leads me to believe they can't press charges for seeds.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I got pulled over back in May at 3:30am for having no working license plate lights (both bulbs were burnt out). Got a warning out of that one and all was said and done in a matter of about 2 minutes. So the moral of the story is go outside and check your license plate lights.

Top Bottom