• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I summed up a longish BS session with some buddies in a short paragraph and really freaked some members out in another thread.

"As for convicted felons. I've always felt that if they were going to be released, they should be injected with something 'day-glo' so you could spot them from a mile away. Color coded to fit the crime.Murderers-Red, Rapists-Pink, you get the idea. At night, they'd glow like a halogen lamp and be easy to spot and avoid.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have open hunting seasons on certain colors either. Just call in the shoot so somebody could pick up the body before it starts to smell.
    That kind of law would be a real deterrent, imho."

Go for it. I'll try to elaborate here and then, now and then.:): I recollect it started after a 3 time loser had done his time and been released again and killed and or raped again shortly after the third time he had been rehabilitated.:xmad: My memory isn't very good though. I did underline a key word though.

This had nothing to do with vigilantism of suspected perps. I think we evolved to as a way to 'complete' their sentence. Do keep in mind this is all fantasyland BS'ing, but let's hear some input.

BTW, here in Va, the powers that be have decided that some felons are too worthless to release after they've done their time, so they built a new facility with moderate security to house them after their release. It's in Nottoway Co. and I believe it's only for 'rehabilitated' pediphiles at this time.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    We should only inject all the law abiding people after they reach 18 years of age and make them glow hunter orange.
    Why?
    I don't know. Why not.
    And since we're on this topic. We should all pull out our fingernails.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thought that was the purpose of prison, for the punishment. How would you like it growing up, you broke something, and for the rest of your life, your parents beat you for it. Made you pay for it everyday. Oh, you broke a dollar light, well, after a year, its 365 dollar light, at what point have you done enough?
    Don't get me wrong, we should punish offenders, especially repeat offenders, but not like this.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll be honest. At first glance this sounds awesome. When it comes to fantasy BSing. But in reality, I have to say no. I think that unless you're talking about a convicted felon who has a disorder, everyone deserves a chance. Child molesters, for example, are sick people. I mean literally. Most of them know they what they're doing is wrong and it sickens them just as much but they can't stop. It is, in the crudest form of the word, a disease. Most of these people will never be rehabilitated. I assume that's why in some places they've had their own little "compund" set up for them. Do they deserve to die? No. Do they deserve to live a life apart from the rest of society? IMO, absolutely. Open season on felons would not be so much of a deterrent as it would be a catalyst to force felons to find more creative and covert means of committing crimes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I summed up a longish BS session with some buddies in a short paragraph and really freaked some members out in another thread.

"As for convicted felons. I've always felt that if they were going to be released, they should be injected with something 'day-glo' so you could spot them from a mile away. Color coded to fit the crime.Murderers-Red, Rapists-Pink, you get the idea. At night, they'd glow like a halogen lamp and be easy to spot and avoid.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have open hunting seasons on certain colors either. Just call in the shoot so somebody could pick up the body before it starts to smell.
    That kind of law would be a real deterrent, imho."

Go for it. I'll try to elaborate here and then, now and then.:): I recollect it started after a 3 time loser had done his time and been released again and killed and or raped again shortly after the third time he had been rehabilitated.:xmad: My memory isn't very good though. I did underline a key word though.

This had nothing to do with vigilantism of suspected perps. I think we evolved to as a way to 'complete' their sentence. Do keep in mind this is all fantasyland BS'ing, but let's hear some input.

BTW, here in Va, the powers that be have decided that some felons are too worthless to release after they've done their time, so they built a new facility with moderate security to house them after their release. It's in Nottoway Co. and I believe it's only for 'rehabilitated' pediphiles at this time.

Welcome to Indiana! Obviously, a different planet than yours.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Hence the reason I am also against the sex offender registry and signs, and firearm prohibition for felons. Its not Kosher or constitutional
    I always just considered it part of the sentence. Not unlike parole.

I do however, think there are several felony charges that should not include firearm prohibition, but they didn't ask my opinion.

All IMO, of course.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen

Bomber pilot to co-pilot......... "oops!"

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Well darn! I thought the idea of having to go to an ATM at midnight would be simpler if you saw two that had glowing red colors behind the nearby hedges and another one nearby lit normally.:D

Or walking down a dark alley in the city and seeing an orange glow behind that dumpster 1/2 down on the right.:D

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I think this idea is by far more insane than that idiot in the Oval Office could EVER dream up.. Just sayin.

Not only that, but you know that this idea stirred the **** on the other forum you claim to have posted it on, so now you bring it over here to get bashed, KNOWING that is the end result..... SMH.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I always just considered it part of the sentence. Not unlike parole.

I do however, think there are several felony charges that should not include firearm prohibition, but they didn't ask my opinion.

All IMO, of course.

I agree wholeheartedly.:yesway: We aren't even talking about all felons anyway. Some felons and others are 'technical' felons, and non violent.
    A lot of 'bangers' are in and out of jail on a regular basis and even serve 20 years or more, then come back out and do it again. We are fantasizing on how to curb their murderous tendencies.

Top Bottom