• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My wife bought a Kindle Fire a while back. She uses it to surf the internet and play games. For some unknown reason it loses the router signal and she asks me to reset the router. After doing this she is back on-line. Her PC, also uses the wireless router for internet connectivity and has rarely goes off-line. What is going on and how can I get this problem solved?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Router Problem?

They can be tricky but 90% of router problems are the brushes. They get dirty after awhile. The cord getting all twisted up and shorting out is another common one. Easy fixes.

Remember to get a quality one because the cheap ones can't handle the torque especially with hardwoods. :D

Glad to help! :n00b:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You might simply be getting interference. I had to get a new wifi unit to stabilize our connections because of interference from neighbors. Channels 1, 6, and 11 are the only three that don't overlap, but there are a dozen unique ssid's using these channels on my street.

The reason your Kindle could be disconnecting while others stay online is because it has a smaller antenna and less power than a laptop. But always check for updates first, because you can't fix a software problem with hardware.

Top Bottom