• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Live in Indy, fresh water fish for a 55 gallon tank, looking for the more exotic looking stuff.

I know uncle bills and all but would prefer a specialty shop that is not just the same-o fish.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    I agree, The Reef on N. Keystone is a really good shop. The guys who work there are very knowledgeable and helpful in making sure you get healthy fish that are compatible together. They are just north of 56th Street (I think that's the intersection!)

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Depending upon how big you want to go, give me a PM. I have a great tank and equipment that I could get rid of.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Depending upon how big you want to go, give me a PM. I have a great tank and equipment that I could get rid of.

I have one up and running that I got for pretty much free. Just getting the temp stabilized before I add fish.

At some point want to upgrade to a 300 gallon.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    There use to be a place in Fishers that imported most of the fish for dealers in the Indianapolis area. While not open to the public,they could order anything you wanted. May ask the fellas at the Reef if this is still the case to be able to find something out of the ordinary.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    There use to be a place in Fishers that imported most of the fish for dealers in the Indianapolis area. While not open to the public,they could order anything you wanted. May ask the fellas at the Reef if this is still the case to be able to find something out of the ordinary.

Most of the freshwater fish being sold around Indy are from Chicago or Louisville areas.

Given the lack of good choices these days, the reef is probably the best one available. Worth a drive is TFD in Ohio and aquarium world in Lafayette.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    For our freshwater tank we've literally had the best luck with Wal Mart. Of all the fish we've bought over the years, the specialty shops can't seem to provide us with fish that last more than a few days.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    While I will always advocate for small businesses, here's a nod to Premium Aquatics. They're a large local internet aquatic supplier that opens its doors to the public on Fridays and Saturdays. They have the absolute best selection of equipment at THE lowest prices available. The prices, fish, and coral selection are absolutely worth the weekend wait.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    While I will always advocate for small businesses, here's a nod to Premium Aquatics. They're a large local internet aquatic supplier that opens its doors to the public on Fridays and Saturdays. They have the absolute best selection of equipment at THE lowest prices available. The prices, fish, and coral selection are absolutely worth the weekend wait.

Premium doesn't stock freshwater, which is what the op is looking for.

Top Bottom