• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I was asked yesterday to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving again this year. In years past I've just bought a frozen bird and they've turned out pretty good but I've read a fresh bird makes a big difference.

Anyone know of someplace on the north or east side of Indy to buy a fresh bird? I need to pick one up tomorrow or Tuesday so I'll have time to bring it before Wednesday.

chtheo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Whole Foods on E. 86th. They have free range fresh turkeys. Call right away and reserve one though, they go quick.

If they are all out, PM me and I'll see if our local Farm has any left (it's not far from you)

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Whole Foods on E. 86th. They have free range fresh turkeys. Call right away and reserve one though, they go quick.

If they are all out, PM me and I'll see if our local Farm has any left (it's not far from you)

Why pay extra for "free range?" Not worth it, and probably not what most people envision it to be. Buy the normal ol bird at the grocery store.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Kincaids, Joe's and Fresh Market. I would say just buy a frozen one but make sure to brine it. Brining is the key (other than the BGE you will be cooking on).

Top Bottom