• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Can't watch the video while at work...

I get the jist of it from the comments, however.

Devil's advocate player here: It IS possible for a falling cartridge/shotgun shell to go off upon landing. It's also possible for a tray of loaded ammo to have an ejected empty piece of brass fly through the air and land "just right" on a primer to set off a cartridge.

What most of us seem to understand, though, it's the containment / directional containment of said cartridge that causes the damage.

-J-

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I think it happened. Only because there are too many variables that you can't see below the table where it falls. You just never know. I don't see enough evidence from the video to say it didn't happen and the wall/table area certainly looks damaged.

As far as the bullet/shell not going anywhere if its not chambered....That simply cannot be the case if its shot in the shell. Any type of explosion in the shell would certainly move the shot at combustion. They are just too close together not absorb the energy enough go somewhere unlike a heavier bullet. Now of course, it isn't going to be like the full force of coming out of a chamber, but it will move somewhere.

It could be a fake, but I don't see enough evidence to think it is.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    When I was in the police academy in '96 we were downloading magazines after a day at the range. There was 4 or 5 of us chucking live .40 rounds into a bucket. One of the ones chucked in struck another round with the primer and went off. The bullet itself didn't go anywhere but the case blew apart and some of the shrapnel injured one of my fellow recruits slightly. So this incident is plausible, in my opinion.

Top Bottom