• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Most everyone can renew their driver's license online, but I can't. (OK, it's an Operator License but let's not get into that 'license/permit' thing!)
    I'm not a threat to the republic, honest I'm not.
    It seems that my profile is similar to a person’s that can’t get a license in a different state. :rolleyes: Therefore, after two email exchanges with a fellow in Indianapolis explaining that they have records of my living at the same location for decades and a spotless driving record (never been caught –hope I didn’t speak too soon!), I had to renew my license in person.:n00b: Bringing my passport, a current utility bill, my social security card and my current license wasn’t enough documentation. My Indiana License To Carry A Handgun saved the day! My new license arrived in the mail today. It’s much the same as the old one but it has a gold star in the upper right hand corner. No idea why. I don’t think the gold star is for being a good boy.
    Does anyone have a clue about the gold star?

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Thanks singlesix.
    I took a look at the BMV website and still didn't see the mention of the star but I have no doubt you're correct.
    I certainly don't see the advantage in having the securedID.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    "
    Persons who are not United States citizens (legal temporary or permanent residents) are required to have a SecureID and must present full documentation to apply for a new or renew their existing driver’s license, permit, or identification card. This includes providing documents which prove name, date of birth, Social Security number, lawful status in the United States, and Indiana residency. This documentation is not required when replacing a valid SecureID.

Customers who are renewing, amending, or replacing their current Indiana driver’s license, permit, or identification card have the option of applying for a SecureID or a non-SecureID. A non-SecureID does not require additional documentation and allows the holder to drive and/or vote. Hoosiers who want a SecureID are asked to bring original versions or certified copies of documents to the license branch so they can obtain a new SecureID credential. "

are you a US citizen, or requested to have a SecureID?

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I hate Indiana's document requirements. It was a PITA for me (non-USC) trying to get my DL.

Kentucky didn't care, they just wanted proof I was a KY (giggedy) resident and my old DL.

Oh and +1 for the DMV and the Clerks office. Both let me walk out with the new licence and my new plate respectively, on the day. None of this temporary licence/registration bollocks.

Nacho Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I tried renewing online. They said I wasn't eligable. When I went to renew in person they made me take the eye exam. One thing though is they had me in, and out with 10 minutes.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Kentucky didn't care, they just wanted proof I was a KY (giggedy) resident and my old DL..

So, you have to bring in your cousin/sister-wife to prove you're a KY resident? :):

I tried to renew online in Sep and found that because I have a CDL, I have to do it in person just like them old days. However, I needed no additional documentation, nor did I have so show a current medical card, so I really don't know why I had to be there.

Top Bottom