• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    "There is nothing wrong with yourcredit card. Press #1 to see how your can get lower interest rates. Press #2 to be taken off our list." Repeat at least twice a day.....Anyone else get this ?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Almost every Fn day.

They keep telling my rate will drop, but after I give them my credit card number and SSN they just hang up!
    they're not hanging up on you, it's just that the phone connections in nigeria are dodgy at best, even amongst the royal family. that deposit will be in your account any day now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am starting to think they might be lying about the final notice thing...

They are pretty cagey with the caller ID though. It shows up different states and ID's almost every time.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get it all the time and I don't even have a F*&%^#in' credit card! My line is on the do-not-call list, and I wanna report it to the AG's office, but I don't even have caller ID (I'm frugal like that) to be able to report their (apparently bogus) info.

I started trying to bust their balls and waste teir time for wasting mine by asking for the lady from the announcement. "This is <Heather> at Card Holder Services... Press 1 to lower your interest rate." "*1*" "Hello, this is <Sandeep>, would you like to lower your interest rate?" "<Sandeep>? Where's <Heather>? I was just talking with <Heather>. Could you put <Heather> back on the line, please? We were having a very nice conversation." "*click*"

Waste my time, you jive turkey, I'll waste yours.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get it all the time and I don't even have a F*&%^#in' credit card! My line is on the do-not-call list, and I wanna report it to the AG's office, but I don't even have caller ID (I'm frugal like that) to be able to report their (apparently bogus) info.

I started trying to bust their balls and waste teir time for wasting mine by asking for the lady from the announcement. "This is <Heather> at Card Holder Services... Press 1 to lower your interest rate." "*1*" "Hello, this is <Sandeep>, would you like to lower your interest rate?" "<Sandeep>? Where's <Heather>? I was just talking with <Heather>. Could you put <Heather> back on the line, please? We were having a very nice conversation." "*click*"

Waste my time, you jive turkey, I'll waste yours.

We used to get these multiple times a day. We paid off/cut up our cards years ago. We tormented these Bastardies as much as possible to the point they were calling us back and telling us to get Fu$#*&^ so we know we were getting to them. They change numbers regularly. It is a well constructed scam. Do not give these A$$ Hats any info.

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    I don't have this problem but when my children were small and I had solicitors call In would hand the phone to them. After about 5 minutes of whinney the pooh and the smurfs talk they would hang up.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I only get these calls to my cellular phone, which is also on both the state and federal do-not-call.

I blew these guys into AG Greg Zoeller's office, and the response that these guys are some pretty slick con men who regularly change their phone number and physical location.

I press 1 and engage in a phony conversation with these guys, giving them bogus numbers and other such information;

• such as my name being Mike Hunt (Dirty),
    • with a SSAN of 867-53-0999 (Tommy Tutone),
    • DOB 2-29-1968 (Leap year bday, of which I am then only 11 years old),
    • residing at 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Mockingbird Heights (The Munsters),
    • IL 62701 (Springfield).

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I get these calls occasionally. I heard on the news they are just fishing for viable numbers and if you press a key on your phone that tells them they have a live one. Best to just ignore or hang up or you will make the onslaught worse by confirming you are a player.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yeah these guys are well known around the intertubes, going back several years. FCC has been called on them multiple times, as well as various state agencies. They're slicker than snot on a doorknob, always manage to dodge any enforcement efforts. Do some googling, and you'll see it's pretty impressive as criminal enterprises go.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I get legitimate offers from credit card companies, even from the one I have. They do not know what to say when I tell them I do not care if the interest rate is 500%! I have never paid any interest since I never use a credit card that I do not pay off in full every month.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I get these calls occasionally. I heard on the news they are just fishing for viable numbers and if you press a key on your phone that tells them they have a live one. Best to just ignore or hang up or you will make the onslaught worse by confirming you are a player.

Exactly. They are using VOIP for the calls and spoofing the CID info.
    Your best bet is don't press any keys, simply hang up. Or don't answer to begin with if you don't recognize the CID.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    NOT to threadjack, but, when I was LITTLE, my Mom, got a phone call and she just sat there and didn't say a word. After a few minutes, she said, I have just one question, can it be put on over BRICK ????? She told us it was an Aluminum siding salesman..... :laugh:

pearlman1966

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    I have an airhorn for these guys.

Speak softly when you get someone on the line and then let them have it when they ask you to speak up.

Top Bottom