• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    As this is not completely gun related I feel like it should go here, I may be wrong not the first or last time for that I asure you that.

Since Christmas is just around the corner and I need to make up my mind I ask. Which should I get for my wonderful girlfriend a very nice necklace or a S&W Shield. I have done the recon on both and know what she likes, she has held the blue gun for the Shield and likes the feel and weight compared to my Glock 30. And on the other hand I know that she would like the necklace even though she would prefer a engagement ring. So I ask which one do you think I should get her?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    As this is not completely gun related I feel like it should go here, I may be wrong not the first or last time for that I asure you that.

Since Christmas is just around the corner and I need to make up my mind I ask. Which should I get for my wonderful girlfriend a very nice necklace or a S&W Shield. I have done the recon on both and know what she likes, she has held the blue gun for the Shield and likes the feel and weight compared to my Glock 30. And on the other hand I know that she would like the necklace even though she would prefer a engagement ring. So I ask which one do you think I should get her?

Easy answer.Get engaged to your girlfriend and get her an engagement gun instead of the engagement ring. :dunno:

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I was thinking about that just at a later date. That is more than likely be a Colt commander with the big question engraved on the slide truthfully. Or something like that still figuring that out

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Problem solved

gun-ring.jpg

Seriously though, get her whichever she seems more excited about. Personally getting jewelry will in no way score brownie points with me. Jewelry is nice and all, but I would prefer something more practical...like a new gun :) Everyone is different so it's hard to give advice. Which one does she get all giggly and happy over and can't stop talking about?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I would get both or just the necklace if its one or the other. IMO you don't want her to think yourselfish and you really bought it for yourself even though that's not the case. My wife likes guns but she reminds me all the time that she likes pretty shiny things as well.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    The thing about her is she doesn't get "giggly" so it's hard to get a feel for what she likes sometimes. But I know her well enough to know I would get about the same reaction out if either one.

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    The trigger guard is somewhat of a circle per-say..... I'd call that the ring and allow it to do double duties.

My wife even agreed with me on this!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The thing about her is she doesn't get "giggly" so it's hard to get a feel for what she likes sometimes. But I know her well enough to know I would get about the same reaction out if either one.

That's a tough one. In that case I'd think about whether she likes shiny sparkly things a lot. I don't have a lot of jewelry because I'm not super into it. It's pretty but not functional for my everyday life. I would much rather prefer the gun. But again, that's me. If you know the woman well enough, you already know which one she would like more :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Get the gun for the girlfriend.

Get the necklace for your wife, just in case she finds out about the girlfriend.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Pretty simple question. If you want to take her to the range, get the gun. If you want to take her to the sack, get the necklace.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Whatever you pick, we can check the classifieds on the 26th to see if you made the right choice. If she's a keeper, it really shouldn't matter if the gift from the heart.

Top Bottom