• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    About a week ago, my sound on my laptop went out. I thought maybe the speaker had blown, but if I plug headphones in it still doesn't work. This makes me think it's possibly the sound card. About the same time, my internet became very sporadic. After about 20-30 minutes I lose internet, but it still says it's connected with very good strength. I have to restart the computer about 2-3 times before I get connection back. It doesn't matter which network I'm connected to. It happens at my house, my parent's house, everywhere. I'm at a loss. Anyone?

Btw, I have a Toshiba Satellite A105 from 2006, so age may be a factor but I just need it to last a few more months.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Could be a schload of issues. Mobo crapping out, bad modem/router, shared IP issues, NIC card issues.

Since the audio went out, I would be geared more towards the mobo crapping out. Does it do this if hardwired or only on wifi?

If only wifi, check hardwired and see. If it's only when wired, try updating the wifi modules driver in the control panel. If it does it, backup anything you need and cross your fingers.

Good luck.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Have you tried another laptop? I agree with Double, if it is happening off of other wifi's it sounds like the computer is about to go. Is the fan running on your laptop? If not you could just be simply overheating.

Save everything thing you need off of the laptop now just in case.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Bunny, I just replaced the fan about 6 months ago. Like I said, 6 year old laptop needs some love. I haven't checked if it does it when it's wired, frankly I only use WiFi, but I will check to see if it does it when wired also. No other computers do it, just my laptop. My girlfriend's iPad will stays connected when I lose internet and my mom and dad's laptops and computers are fine when mine craps out, so it's definitely an issue with my laptop. the main reason I haven't checked with wired is becauseat my place we're strictly WiFi the only thing wired in the house is the modem/router and the computer that's next to it.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Well, I got to the point where the internet shut off and then set up a wired connection and still had nothing. In the past month I've had to restore it a few times, so I'm leaning towards the motherboard going out.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Currently, I am borrowing the hubster's PC and sponging off the library's wifi because we have no internet til God knows when. That sucks.
    No, wait...
    FRONTIER sucks!

Top Bottom