• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Look, the government gave her money.......
    she should be able to use it however she sees fit.

What's the problem? :dunno:

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Hey I get people telling me i should be more tolerant at the pawn shop I work at when I tell them my property was broke into several times in under a year.

"It not their fault the economies tough." So you'd be surprised a lot of ppl feel that way.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    She knew what she was doing was illegal.

I hope she goes to jail and loses her kids.

She probably has a drug habit, or has a husband/live-in boyfriend with a drug habit.... and was going to sell or trade the Ipads for drugs.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Do you feel the same way about college students using their student loan money on non-school related items?

Students shouldn't go down that path. Unfortunately most of them are too young and foolish to realize that the more money they take out in loans, the more in debt they will be once they are out of school. I've had a few friends who spent oodles of money on video games, movies, eating out, clothes, and etc because they had the loan money. It's ridiculous.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Student Loan debt is the only one that follows your family to your grave if you never pay it off.

I'm no lawyer, and I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that it was somewhat illegal to use student loan money for anything other than student loans.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Students shouldn't go down that path. Unfortunately most of them are too young and foolish to realize that the more money they take out in loans, the more in debt they will be once they are out of school. I've had a few friends who spent oodles of money on video games, movies, eating out, clothes, and etc because they had the loan money. It's ridiculous.

Where I come from, we call them 30,000-aires. Having a 30k a year job, living like a millionaire.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Student Loan debt is the only one that follows your family to your grave if you never pay it off.

I'm no lawyer, and I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that it was somewhat illegal to use student loan money for anything other than student loans.

Well, they are supposed to be used for college expenses. I too am no lawyer, so I can't comment on the legality. However, the term college expense can be stretched, and in all honesty as long as people aren't being ludicrous about it, I don't have a problem with them spending money on things that aren't strictly college related. It's a full time job, and for many student loans are the only income they have to live on. Like I said, the idea is that it gets repaid, but I for one refuse government loans on principle. :patriot::rockwoot:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Do you feel the same way about college students using their student loan money on non-school related items?

Not sure if this Q was directed at my post, but I'd like to respond.

I personally would be opposed to my college-age son or daughter using 'student loan money' to buy frivolous things. But I'm not certain it's illegal. Not smart, but probably not illegal.

As far as the woman in the article.... she not only KNEW it was wrong (and illegal), but according to what I read, she took the items with her after her EBT card was declined. That is theft. And if her card HAD NOT been declined, that too, is theft AND fraud.

My statement that she likely has a drug problem, is based on the fact that she tried the same illegal manuever.... at the very next Walmart she could find. Only drugs can make you THAT stupid, IMHO.

Top Bottom