• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well this is making for a fine start to Christmas, not sure where to post this but I figure the break room will work, this was an hour ago and I really need to just talk about it. We had just return from a Christmas Eve service a bit after midnight and got the kids into bed and were about asleep when I heard a bit of a commotion. I was a bit foggy so I sort of drifted off then I heard another noise that was clearly from inside the house, definitely was not one of the kids, and my wife and I both practically sat up and stared at each other with your basic "Was that what I think it was, scared as can be" look on our faces.

Now my kids are on the other side of the house as we are, so just holding out for the police in the bed room or booking it out a window is not an option. So as quickly and as quietly as I could, I grabbed the shotgun and a pistol and told the wife to stay put in the room with hers. I don't mind saying that I was scared to death at this point. I've been through just a couple of classes but I don't think anything prepares you for a real life situation. At any rate I buried my hesitation because whatever/whoever was out there was in between of me and my kids.

So I head towards the living room through the kitchen and I'm trying to be as quiet as I can but the floor is squeaking under me a bit and I think the guy heard it. Suddenly I see someone bolt across the living room toward the fireplace, I yelled for him to stop and hit the ground but as I went to rush in on him and take whatever action I have to suddenly he's gone. I saw him clear as day, but I have no idea how in the heck he got out of the house. He was clearly interested in the items under the tree and I'm pretty sure this isn't the first house he's hit tonight because in his rush to bug out he left behind some extra presents he must have taken from another house, though oddly enough that family must have kids with the same names as mine. Looks like he took his time in there though because he even ate some of the cookies I had left on the counter. I've got to tell you we're really shaken up but the rest of you should be on guard since he got away, especially if you live in the New Haven area.

As best I could tell he was about 6'2", kind of an older guy with black boots, some sort of big red fur suit, maybe around 300lbs with a long white beard. I know it sounds weird, but I could swear he smelled like peppermint.

Keep your eyes peeled and stay safe.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was reading this and thought about making a Santa reference but decided against it because it sounded really serious. Ha Ha. You got me. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

RiverParker

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Same guy hit me also. Your kids are gonna hate this, but you need to turn those presents over to the proper authorities. ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Man, I should have looked at the other posts before I started reading. He had me until the guy disappeared. :laugh:

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    This guy must be good. He hit every house on our street on the same night. His MO is always the same. He always goes for the cookies and milk.

Top Bottom