• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I met with my Dad this morning in town for coffee as is our usual habit. He returned to me a Christmas present that I had received, specifically, the book "No Easy Day."

Now mind you, my Dad is 84 years old, served in the US Army just after WWII, was stationed in Japan, and worked as a document courier/among other things he doesn't talk about. I never thought in my life my Dad would want to read a book like that, but on Christmas Eve, he began perusing through it. My Dad, for his whole life has worked with his hands, and still does.

I read the book in a day. I took it to him. He told me this morning he could not put it down at times.

The moral here, if you will is this, summed up very well by Dad. His response:

"Great book, bin Laden deserved it. He (bin Laden) had apparently two guns near him but didn't use them. More than likely he didn't have the chance. There are more like him (bin Laden) that deserve that kind of treatment."

Priceless.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I met with my Dad this morning in town for coffee as is our usual habit. He returned to me a Christmas present that I had received, specifically, the book "No Easy Day."

Now mind you, my Dad is 84 years old, served in the US Army just after WWII, was stationed in Japan, and worked as a document courier/among other things he doesn't talk about. I never thought in my life my Dad would want to read a book like that, but on Christmas Eve, he began perusing through it. My Dad, for his whole life has worked with his hands, and still does.

I read the book in a day. I took it to him. He told me this morning he could not put it down at times.

The moral here, if you will is this, summed up very well by Dad. His response:

"Great book, bin Laden deserved it. He (bin Laden) had apparently two guns near him but didn't use them. More than likely he didn't have the chance. There are more like him (bin Laden) that deserve that kind of treatment."

Priceless.

And the ones like him him (Bin Laden) will get exactly what they deserve everytime there is a US Soldier around that is locked and loaded or a drone is flying over or a fire mission inbound! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom