• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I know we have some truckers on INGO. I want to see what you drive.
    I'll start.

Here is my 13,400 gallon, 34 tire, 135,000 pound gross fuel tanker I drive in Michigan
    Screenshot_20190826-110522.png

Last edited:

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I generally drive an old Mack but sometimes I roll a Volvo. I pull doubles from Indy to South Bend, hook a set of triples and run the toll road to Richfield, Oh. Triples back to South Bend, doubles to Chicago, doubles back to Indy.

Rinse and repeat.

Wish I were still home every night but the money is fantastic

Can't post pictures, don't know how from my phone.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Here is the Truck I drive. I've had her since she was New.

2008 Mack LE600 w/ a 30yd MeNielus FEL body.

MyMack.jpg

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I gave up OTR a few years ago. But here are the pics I have of the old girl.

In Oregon near Twin Sisters when I was removing the chains.
    treeinoregon.jpg

In the Bad Lands
    Dscn0002.jpg

Seen some beautiful, but that road was slick!!!
    sunrises.
    Dscn0028.jpg

This was taken from the cab in Oregon.
    Dscn0038.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Can't post from my phone :( wouldn't matter anyway, we slipseat '11 and '12 Mack 62 MPH gutless wonder automatics. (I miss my old 13 speed FLD120)

I run groceries to Military Commissaries for MDV. Mainly Great Lakes Naval and Ft McCoy, WI. I log about 2100 miles a week and am home one day during the week and nearly every weekend. :)

Added: Hammer is that MT Hood? I always loved running through OR when I went to Kent, WA. That way I got to see Mt Hood, Rainier and run along the Columbia River. Beautiful! Overnighted at an old Mom and Pop place in North Powder. No fuel there anymore, but the diner was great.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Glad you are ok. There are some bad drivers out there.

It was just a scratch!

All it did was to dent/bend the bumper on our work truck (F350 w/ heavy gauge diamond plate bumper).

We were at a stoplight (First stoplight in IN as you're southbound on this particular state highway - actual location escapes me) waiting for it to turn. We're in this huge pickup truck - had amber whirlygig lights spinning in the light-bar atop the cab (as we were working at the time). This stoplight even had a warning sign several hundred yards north of it - warning south-bound traffic there was a light ahead.

All of a sudden - we felt a little tap/jolt to the truck. I looked back and all I could see was a big semi grill. :n00b:

Evidently, even with a baffled tank, there was just enough slosh going on to push him forward just a bit.

And, in the driver's immortal words of truth and wisdom "If you weren't there, I'd not have hit you." Direct quote.

-J-

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It was just a scratch!

All it did was to dent/bend the bumper on our work truck (F350 w/ heavy gauge diamond plate bumper).

We were at a stoplight (First stoplight in IN as you're southbound on this particular state highway - actual location escapes me) waiting for it to turn. We're in this huge pickup truck - had amber whirlygig lights spinning in the light-bar atop the cab (as we were working at the time). This stoplight even had a warning sign several hundred yards north of it - warning south-bound traffic there was a light ahead.

All of a sudden - we felt a little tap/jolt to the truck. I looked back and all I could see was a big semi grill. :n00b:
    I
    Evidently, even with a baffled tank, there was just enough slosh going on to push him forward just a bit.

And, in the driver's immortal words of truth and wisdom "If you weren't there, I'd not have hit you." Direct quote.

-J-

The tank I pull has 5 compartments (4000, 2000, 1400, 2000, 4000 gallons) and all are heavily baffled. Unless I have a compartment half filled, I never get a slosh push.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I gave up OTR a few years ago. But here are the pics I have of the old girl.

In Oregon near Twin Sisters when I was removing the chains.
    treeinoregon.jpg

In the Bad Lands
    Dscn0002.jpg

Seen some beautiful, but that road was slick!!!
    sunrises.
    Dscn0028.jpg

This was taken from the cab in Oregon.
    Dscn0038.jpg

Great pics. I have a few good ones from when I was otr.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Hammer, I use to work for Barry and John many years ago.

I worked for them back around 2002-2003.

They called me #1 Mother F'er.

Barry pressured me into going to Canada one time, I told him I would, but he would have to "Hold my Lunch" for me. It was my carry piece in a paper bag.

Did you drive a straight truck, or one of the **** trucks?

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    This is all i got....does it count lol

Part of what i do at work, i was going to go OTR but i have young ones at home and don't want to be away from them.

spotter_zps60969861.jpg

Top Bottom