Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 445 of 450 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4495
  1. #4441
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding what is being said. He's not saying murderers are a victim when they get shot while trying to murder. The murder victims are the people the murderer murdered.
    "Murder victim" is a common phrase. "Victim of a murderer" is not...but that only makes it clunky, not inaccurate.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  2. #4442
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    They don't like it when you itemize what they want, and then take down each point and show how it wouldn't have helped.
    When you do that, it reduces the effectiveness of the emotional manipulation in addition to highlighting the lack of knowledge, lack of logic, lack of consistency with relevant statistical information, misinformation, and outright lies.
    Act, when have you ever known me to care what they don't like?

    And sadly, O Friendly Purple Pachyderm, none of that matters, and you show your privilege when your "facts" and "data" are more important to you than feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings.

    I recently got into a (short) discussion with someone. His sister, with whom I once worked, posted:

    https://imgur.com/a/rtfe1QH

    I replied, "Wait, you mean the “threat” to enforce the laws of this country? Pretty sure that as the head of the executive branch of our government, that’s kinda in his job description. But it’s fairly easy to not be targeted for executive action: don’t break the law, or if you’re going to, don’t be here when the laws are enforced. Btw, the executive branch gets its name from the job they do. Legislative writes the laws. Judicial judges the laws, and executive executes the laws.
    To say that it’s “racist” would be true only if the only people targeted for deportation were Hispanic or Asian or Black, and that amounts to “facts not in evidence.”

    Apparently, calling the detention centers "concentration camps" is OK, but "the law does not make it (keeping illegal border crossers in them) right!", and defending our borders is racist.

    I suppose it would be lost on him if I had suggested that 5 or 6 migrant families (I'm being kind. read: foreign trespassers) could come into his house, uninvited, take his food, take his money, trash the place... and that would be the same.

    It's not OK just because there are more resources to draw on in a country than there are in a private home.
    It's not OK because the Left are making posts about "children in cages".
    It's not OK because the media are making photo ops of children crying.
    It's not OK to make it sound like separating children from their parents is worse than the alternative: putting the children in the cell with their parents to await trial.

    It's not OK.

    At all.

    Blessings,
    Bill

    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

  3. #4443
    Somewhat Purple-ish rhino's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I feel that my privilege is about to show!



    "The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    To prevail you must ACT!

  4. #4444
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    The executive branch gets its name from the job they do. Legislative writes the laws. Judicial judges the laws, and executive executes the laws.
    Never disagree with a MOD

    Never disagree with the Bill of Rights.

    I have one minor disagreement with your statement. I believe it is a grave miscarriage of law for the Judicial to judge laws. Judicial should judge miscreant's according to the laws.

    Only the people should be allowed to nullify laws.

    I do realize the Supremes gave themselves this power, but it has trickled down to every court in the Country enjoining the Presidents efforts to execute the laws on the books.




  5. #4445
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    They don't like it when you itemize what they want, and then take down each point and show how it wouldn't have helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    Never disagree with a MOD
    I'm perfectly fine with people disagreeing with me. It happens all the time, whether I'm a mod wherever it is or not. Disagreement is healthy, and when done in good faith, results in opened minds on both sides, and broader thinking.

    Never disagree with the Bill of Rights.
    Doesn't matter if you disagree with that document or not. It doesn't change.

    I have one minor disagreement with your statement. I believe it is a grave miscarriage of law for the Judicial to judge laws. Judicial should judge miscreant's according to the laws.

    Only the people should be allowed to nullify laws.

    I do realize the Supremes gave themselves this power, but it has trickled down to every court in the Country enjoining the Presidents efforts to execute the laws on the books.
    I see your point here. The power to judge the facts of the case as well as the law itself should rest with the jury, but discussing that concept in courtrooms or jury rooms makes judges get stern and unfriendly... And convicting you of contempt of court. Nonetheless, the concept remains and the power should be there. It still is, as long as one person in that room knows about it and knows enough to keep his or her mouth shut that that's what he/she is doing.

    Judicial Review vis a vis Marbury v. Madison was a landmark case and I believe it was a good thing as it was, but the SCOTUS should have limited it only to themselves. Were it not for Judicial Review and the power to determine things unConstitutional, Heller v. D.C. and its progeny, McDonald v. City of Chicago would never have happened.



    Blessings,
    Bill

    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

  6. #4446
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with people disagreeing with me. It happens all the time, whether I'm a mod wherever it is or not. Disagreement is healthy, and when done in good faith, results in opened minds on both sides, and broader thinking.



    Doesn't matter if you disagree with that document or not. It doesn't change.



    I see your point here. The power to judge the facts of the case as well as the law itself should rest with the jury, but discussing that concept in courtrooms or jury rooms makes judges get stern and unfriendly... And convicting you of contempt of court. Nonetheless, the concept remains and the power should be there. It still is, as long as one person in that room knows about it and knows enough to keep his or her mouth shut that that's what he/she is doing.

    Judicial Review vis a vis Marbury v. Madison was a landmark case and I believe it was a good thing as it was, but the SCOTUS should have limited it only to themselves. Were it not for Judicial Review and the power to determine things unConstitutional, Heller v. D.C. and its progeny, McDonald v. City of Chicago would never have happened.



    Blessings,
    Bill
    Bill is back.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  7. #4447
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Bill is back.....
    Yes. But who can rep him?
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

  8. #4448
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I have!




  9. #4449
    Master

    User Info Menu

    Democrats: Vote for us and we'll take away your cars, your guns and your meat.

  10. #4450
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Phase2 View Post
    And the beautiful thing is that ALL of them can be ignored or even ridiculed.

    Facts are stubborn things.

    Blessings,
    Bill

    (p.s. so am I)

    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge