Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Not quite the same scenario, but I often wonder how many half-siblings I have in England. My dad was stationed there in the AF when he was in his very early 20's.

He assures me there aren't any - not sure that I wholly believe him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Guy_77 View Post
    Not quite the same scenario, but I often wonder how many half-siblings I have in England. My dad was stationed there in the AF when he was in his very early 20's.

He assures me there aren't any - not sure that I wholly believe him.

heh that reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons, and that episode of King of the Hill

User Info Menu

My wife is adopted and has the whole line of emotions as to look or not look. All she knows is that her mother was from Germany and her father was from Indy. Her mom put her up for adoption and after the fact her biological father found out about her and wanted her. But that was in the 60's and apparently he had no rights then. She would like to find him but would have To go through her biological mother by finding her first. She loves her adopted mother and has no desire to contact her biological mother.
    She knows she has siblings in Germany from what her adopted mother learned prior to adopting. She wonders.......
    Any ideas ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dj15802 View Post
    My wife is adopted and has the whole line of emotions as to look or not look. All she knows is that her mother was from Germany and her father was from Indy. Her mom put her up for adoption and after the fact her biological father found out about her and wanted her. But that was in the 60's and apparently he had no rights then. She would like to find him but would have To go through her biological mother by finding her first. She loves her adopted mother and has no desire to contact her biological mother.
    She knows she has siblings in Germany from what her adopted mother learned prior to adopting. She wonders.......
    Any ideas ?
    Was she born in the states? If so find out what county/city and contact family services and hope the father's name is on the birth certificate. Then go through the steps my mom did and they'll try and contact the father if they can and see if he wants his information shared then a judge has to release it.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Sharing some of the same DNA as another person doesn't make you "family". I'd leave it alone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by forgop View Post
    Sharing some of the same DNA as another person doesn't make you "family". I'd leave it alone.
    Who are you saying that to? Me or the other poster? I just met my brother tonight after talking to him via iChat and FB all week. It was like we'd always known each other and everyone else in the family just stared at us while we were off in our own little world going on and on about all of our favorite things which 95% of were identical. I'm glad to have him in our lives, he's awesome.

Plus he was a submariner for 2 years and later took an AK round on a humanitarian mission in Kosovo. The scar is wicked and I verified all of that independently tracking down former shipmates of his this week.

Us reconnecting with him is hands down the best thing to ever happen in my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2