Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Another 65lbs of Boston Butt down this weekend and many happy faces. If anyone has kids at PCMS in the Guys and Dolls Swing Choir, I supplied the pulled pork or the cast dinner Saturday between shows.

User Info Menu

That's a lot of pork.

152 lbs. of pork, everyday 7 days a week.
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

Pork was awesome! Unlike my attempt with the pork shoulder, the pork came apart so much easier and was tastier as well. Things I did differently: 1) cooked it longer at a steady 225 degrees, 2) instead of resting wrapepd up in foil in the oven for 2 hours, I let it rest for a half hour wrapped in foil and put it in the fridge. I also put rub on it where the shoulder I did not...

I fed an army!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chocktaw2 View Post
    That's a lot of pork.

152 lbs. of pork, everyday 7 days a week.
    Lol, I wasn't messing around, and my math was rather conservative.

8 butts per case, cases averaged 80lbs

Minimum of 2 cases smoked per night, and a minimum of 5 days worked per week = 1600lbs smoked per week.

1600x52 = 83,200lbs smoked per year

83,200lbs x 9years = 748,800lbs. That's a lot of pig.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)

Shooter

User Info Menu

If you're looking to grill something, try a turkey. (Grill, not smoke). Here's a recipe from Chris Lilly, a grill and smoke master. After all this is a thread about grilling.

Chris Lilly's Charcoal Grilled Turkey with Fresh Herb Butter | Grill Grrrl Blog: Grill Girl, Big Green Egg Recipes, Healthy Grilling Recipes, Tailgating Recipes, Paleo Recipes

User Info Menu

You could do everything Chris Lilly did but smoke it if you want. I haven't tried smoking a turkey but have heard that smoking at 300+ is the best way to do it. And I would definitely cut it down like he did there. Actually, I might just try it but my smoker doesn't really like to get that hot. It really rides well at 250 so I'd have to add lots of hot coals to it probably.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson View Post
    You could do everything Chris Lilly did but smoke it if you want. I haven't tried smoking a turkey but have heard that smoking at 300+ is the best way to do it. And I would definitely cut it down like he did there. Actually, I might just try it but my smoker doesn't really like to get that hot. It really rides well at 250 so I'd have to add lots of hot coals to it probably.
    Try lump coal or just use wood chunks....my smoke will go to 450 if I don't keep an eye on it

User Info Menu

Smoking some apple glaze pork ribs! Another hour and we'll see how she be!

User Info Menu

I tossed three whole chickens into some brine last night and they'll get some smoke on the BGE tomorrow.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

I know the title states 2013, but figured we could just keep this rolling. Just recently got a new grill with a smoke box and decided to give the smoker a whirl. 14 pound turkey, put it on about 08:30 yesterday and smoked it for about 10 hours. Best turkey I've ever had and beautiful smoke ring. And yes, I did start drinking beer at 08:30.

#blesstheworld

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast