Verizon Wireless Prepaid Phone on an existing contract?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My wife, God bless her soul, goes through cell phones like I change underwear. I had a stash of old phones that she has systematically destroyed one by one.

I had one phone that was good but won't accept an aftermarket battery or charger and my last phone has magically started dropping calls and losing signal everywhere when it used to work perfect a couple years ago.

So we tried to buy a prepaid phone from Wally World to activate it ($15) and I get an error message that the prepaid phone has to be active for SIX MONTHS before it can be transferred to a contract plan. :xmad:

Are there any workarounds for this? Verizon has great coverage typically even in the woods and I get a decent discount through work so I would like to remain a loyal customer- I was a hold over when they took over Motorola like 13 years ago.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know the answer to your question but I can sympathize. My wife doesn't go through them as fast as it sounds like yours does, but she replaces way more phones because of accidents than I wear out.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't know the answer to your question but I can sympathize. My wife doesn't go through them as fast as it sounds like yours does, but she replaces way more phones because of accidents than I wear out.

I'm either very easy on them or just mostly lucky. The only phone I ever broke was a BlackBerry that the screen just went out on one day. Miserable POS those phones are.

She just refuses to keep them in her pocket or wear a holster for it and leaves them lying around ready for our two year old to drop them in the toilet or put it in the dog kennel for them to chew on at their leisure.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Verizon used to have a contractors grade phone that was shock proof and water proof.

Either that or get on Ebay and buy about 10 of the same phone. I am currently using a phone they dont even make anymore, need to get a couple more just in case

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ebay is likely your best bet. Get the IMEI from the seller and call verizon to confirm that you can activate it before you buy it.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Ok, number one. Change those Nasty ass drawers of yours more than one every couple of months. Damn. Two, Verizon is the best prepaid on the market. Being poor white trash I have tried them all. Ok not poor, I drive a Porsche but Verizon is the best. Be patient.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Verizon used to have a contractors grade phone that was shock proof and water proof.

Either that or get on Ebay and buy about 10 of the same phone. I am currently using a phone they dont even make anymore, need to get a couple more just in case
    Casio G'zone or something like that... somewhat pricey...

Somewhat similar but without the waterproof feature is the Samsung Convoy (not sure if its still made). I have the Convoy. I've had it for 3 years now and it's still going strong after many drops on concrete etc. At the time that I got it was free and it was one of the few free flip-phones verizon offered with a new contract. It has served me very well... The best part about it is battery life. Given few calls and little use I can get up to 11 days on a single charge.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Casio G'zone or something like that... somewhat pricey...

That is the phone I have for work and I am not really that impressed with it. It has held up pretty decent with clumsy guys who don't care about it though.

Ok, number one. Change those Nasty ass drawers of yours more than one every couple of months. Damn. Two, Verizon is the best prepaid on the market. Being poor white trash I have tried them all. Ok not poor, I drive a Porsche but Verizon is the best. Be patient.

:laugh:

I have thought about that, just switching to a prepay and maybe adding a land line.

As far as the NSA tracking me and my phone calls, I'm pretty sure they can join the club and waste their time just like the EPD and FBI and ATF and whoever alphabet soup agency is already tracking me. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom