• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Posting to get opinions on whether I have a legitimate gripe or I'm just a lazy, entitled fatbody. The rule at my apt. complex is that each apartment is entitled to two parking spots, however spots are not assigned, so it's on the honor system. I work 2nd shift and get home around 0130. Usually, when I get home there are no spots available near my apartment. I usually have to park 2 buildings down and walk 50-100 yards to my front door.

I am of the opinion that since I'm paying over 800/month, I deserve a spot near my apartment reserved for me and me alone. Apartment complex management is sympathetic, but not willing to make changes (like assigned parking spots) that would solve the problem. It's obviously not a huge deal, I'm capable of walking 75 yards, without a problem, but should I have to?

If you agree that I have a legitimate gripe, what's my next move? Calling corporate?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    carpark3jpg1351838985017-data.jpg

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    "....but should I have to?" Yes. If you want to be able to dictate where you can park, either buy a house or move to a complex with assigned spaces.

Moving into someplace, knowing the rules, then griping about how they should change just for you is not a legitimate gripe.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    "....but should I have to?" Yes. If you want to be able to dictate where you can park, either buy a house or move to a complex with assigned spaces.

Moving into someplace, knowing the rules, then griping about how they should change just for you is not a legitimate gripe.

Here is the thing. When I moved in 9 months ago this wasn't really a problem. Either all the vacant apartments around me have been filled or the tenants have more vehicles than they did. Basically, I didn't know it would be an issue when I moved in.

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but you did know that spaces weren't assigned and that there was going to be a chance you'd have to park in BFE, so I don't think this is a legitimate gripe. Bummer, yes, legitimage gripe, no.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Do all of those vehicles have parking stickers? They should only issue a certain number of permits per building and have enough spots for those. Record info for frequent non-sticker vehicles and turn it in to management.

If they don't use stickers, request that they do.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    When I lived in Chicago I was lucky to find a spot prior to driving around for 20 minutes and within 2 blocks.

Unfortunately, apartment living is a communal situation regardless of ones individual expectations or lifestyle. I don't think you have a leg to stand on your argument with them unless you can prove that someone is using more than their fair share of spots.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Can you rent a covered parking spot? If there is no sticker policy and there are covered spots for rent, get one. Not a legit gripe, but it does suck.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Do all of those vehicles have parking stickers? They should only issue a certain number of permits per building and have enough spots for those. Record info for frequent non-sticker vehicles and turn it in to management.

If they don't use stickers, request that they do.

They don't use stickers. I'll suggest it.

Most everyone has said I'm basically SOL, so I'll go with the consensus. Too bad, my passive-aggressive back-up plan was for my car alarm to accidently go off every night for 5 minutes when I get home from work.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They don't use stickers. I'll suggest it.

Most everyone has said I'm basically SOL, so I'll go with the consensus. Too bad, my passive-aggressive back-up plan was for my car alarm to accidently go off every night for 5 minutes when I get home from work.

Only problem with those plans is your "enemy" might come up with their own plans....and they might skip a step or two...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    When you leave in the morning, use some sidewalk chalk and do an outline of a body. Then surround the parking spot with yellow caution tape.

I'll bet the spot will still be open when you get home from work.:D

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    For $800 a month you could own a house. Problem solved.

That just creates more problems. I have no maintenance skills at all, and I don't like yard work. I move alot and I'm lazy so apartments are a good choice for me. In addition, I'd have to sell all my guns and ammo for a down payment, so no dice on home ownership.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are probably facing tenants with more than the allowed number of vehicles. We had this issue way back when we lived in an Apt. before we bought a house. All the idiots around us had 3 to 4 roomies and they all had cars. I had a huge 4WD truck with a blade on it so I took up 2 spaces. When the wife got home from 2nd shift job I would move the beast and she would pull in. I was moving it one night and one of the A$$ hat roomies not on a lease shot into the spot. It got real ugly (I do not play well with others) and the front office finally did a sweep and cleared the riff-raff out of the building. Comical.
    Apts. SUCK....but if it fits your lifestyle...carry one.

You do not have a "Legitimate" grip but I understand.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    My girlfriend and her family live in an apartment complex that has more tenants that parking spots. It's all about timing. I just park at an adjacent business parking lot when I'm over there. To make things worse the apartment complex management recently widened the handicapped parking spaces and eliminated two regular parking spaces on either side. It was a necessary thing to do but now people just park in the handicapped spots without tags.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Play the "helpful tenant" card; keep an eye on the cars, and if any are squatters (non-residents) or residents with three + cars, let management know. You won't be complaining about your inconvenience (which does stink, but all things considered, it could be much worse), and you are making things better for all the tenants.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Posting to get opinions on whether I have a legitimate gripe or I'm just a lazy, entitled fatbody. The rule at my apt. complex is that each apartment is entitled to two parking spots, however spots are not assigned, so it's on the honor system. I work 2nd shift and get home around 0130. Usually, when I get home there are no spots available near my apartment. I usually have to park 2 buildings down and walk 50-100 yards to my front door.

I am of the opinion that since I'm paying over 800/month, I deserve a spot near my apartment reserved for me and me alone. Apartment complex management is sympathetic, but not willing to make changes (like assigned parking spots) that would solve the problem. It's obviously not a huge deal, I'm capable of walking 75 yards, without a problem, but should I have to?

If you agree that I have a legitimate gripe, what's my next move? Calling corporate?
    Well I say NO,but.......:dunno:

EVERbody......ain' got $$ fly'n out they azz ta do the downpayment it takes.....'specially with the stricter guidelines after the mortgage shizz....

For $800 a month you could own a house. Problem solved.
    :rolleyes:
    At's just the PAYment.......it'a cost helluva lot more'n 'at a month......

When you leave in the morning, use some sidewalk chalk and do an outline of a body. Then surround the parking spot with yellow caution tape.

I'll bet the spot will still be open when you get home from work.:D

:):......LOL!.......best answer yet,hahahaha......:rockwoot:

That just creates more problems. I have no maintenance skills at all, and I don't like yard work. I move alot and I'm lazy so apartments are a good choice for me. In addition, I'd have to sell all my guns and ammo for a down payment, so no dice on home ownership.

All'at won't quite git'it done.......'less ya own a helluva arsenal.....:dunno:

(IE= house.....125K.......X 20% down = $25,000......THEN ya got close'n costs,all'at shizz......:):.......'SPENsive.....)

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    living in avon there are only a few apartment complexes and I have lived or looked at most of them all of them have covered sport or garages you can rent. if you want a "reserved spot"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom